Club 1872 Statement on UEFA Citation

Rangers face Uefa 'thrown objects' probe after Europa League qualifier

Disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Rangers after objects were allegedly thrown during their return to European football, governing body Uefa has confirmed.

Rangers secured a 1-0 first-leg win over Luxembourg's Progres Niederkorn in the Europa League first qualifying round at Ibrox on Thursday.

But the Glasgow club will now be the subject of a disciplinary case.

Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body will rule on the case on Friday.

In a statement, Rangers fans group Club 1872 said it had been informed the club were cited to the governing body because some supporters in the Broomloan Road Stand threw scrunched-up balls of paper on to the pitch.

The Scottish Premiership club have returned to European competition after a six-year absence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40468277

Rangers should tell them to feck off and pay any fine imposed.

Things are getting beyond sinister now.

From the minute it was announced that there would be an investigation I knew it would be described as missiles (thrown objects) anyone who didn't realise that just because it was paper is either not following the current climate of exerting control on large crowds of people/supporters or they are burying their head in the sand.

I'm sure the board will pay the fine and apologise on behalf of its fans for this, and then move on. That's the right thing to do. I'm assuming this will be the end of such amazing displays during European matches now, which is a real shame. The time and effort that's gone into that display deserved much more appreciation from those fans, and they've let us all down.

If the club does decide to give them (us) one more chance, I'll gladly sit in that section and take note of the seat numbers of any future culprits. In fact, give me enough sets of handcuffs and I'll arrest them all too. ;-)

Dave King should have ended his pre-match speech with " ...and don't throw those coloured paper A4's like you always do as UEFA will hit us with a fine under the 'thrown objects' rule". If the ref hadn't stopped the game we might have got away with it.

That will surely be the end of card displays on European nights.

I will leave it with you.

The Goalie against Marseille in France when asked if he was nervous,........"Pub Team"

Yes, and he was being both offensive AND funny.

It's ok to admit you are wrong sometimes, you should try it instead of hiding being the quotes of others who have been offensive towards opponents too.

You are taking a ridiculous stance in order to refute someone saying you were offensive to our opponents. You just can't accept you were offensive, even when you clearly were.

But pointless continuing

At the end of the day there are TWO things at play here.

1. Should the fans have thrown the paper onto the field of play

2. Should UEFA have cited the club

The answer to BOTH is no. However, without the event of 1, 2 couldn't happen.

Our fans created the citation, no matter how many ways we try to defend it as being a stupid citation, which it is.