The Rangers Tax Case decided - who were the real villains?

But we still return to the point about needing permission from the SFA to play our home games at Ibrox.

And that is simply never going to happen.

If they refused to allow us to play our home games at Ibrox would that not allow cause for a "restriction of trade" lawsuit though ?

Irrespective of rights, wrongs, or bald economic pragmatism, it is my fear that the clubs will undertake a plebiscite, as they did re: expulsion from the Prem Lge, and that

a few thousand -if that- cretinous bigots will determine that honours won on the pitch are removed from the record.

And what do Rangers, and our support, do if we ARE stripped of titles ?

It is something that one must hope is being discussed, even if loosely, in the Boardroom at Ibrox. It could be a fantastic catalyst to galvanize our support if dealt with well.

Edited by craig

I don't agree with you on it being a Pyrrhic victory. 55 will feel so good after what they did to us.

Whether it's a full frontal attack or a Fabian strategy that brings victory, who cares? A bit of each if necessary.

Mr. Struth said ... "we welcome the chase' ... bring it on. That is the ultimate quest.

Those who attacked us designed to decimate us leaving us without personnel nor supply therefore it's already been Pyrrhic! You're perfectly entitled to your opinion and from there we don't agree. I have no issues accepting that we don't agree on this topic.

I'm saying this because should there be sanctions forced upon us by the SPFL when the SFA have already released their council notes suggesting it ridiculous. I don't believe our board would stand for it which would leave us at an impasse with the possible ramifications on yet again not having a league to play in. I think even they (SFA), at that point, would struggle to argue against such a proposal.

I think they are worse than you would seem to BJ.

In my opinion there is not a chance in hell that, playing in an English league, the SFA would grant permission for our games to be played at Ibrox.

And that's without thinking of what the council and police would say about licencing.

No chance.

If they refused to allow us to play our home games at Ibrox would that not allow cause for a "restriction of trade" lawsuit though ?

I've heard that one before Craig.

In what scenario would an English league grant us a licence to play down there in the full knowledge that before we'd be allowed to do so we would be taking the SFA to court, a breach of UEFA rules ?

We'd be resigning from the SFA before a licence for England was released. We'd then be taking the SFA to court with an English FA as a defence witness. Leagues in England then face the wrath of UEFA.

It's a non-starter mate.

I think they are worse than you would seem to BJ.

In my opinion there is not a chance in hell that, playing in an English league, the SFA would grant permission for our games to be played at Ibrox.

And that's without thinking of what the council and police would say about licencing.

No chance.

In what scenario would an English league grant us a licence to play down there in the full knowledge that before we'd be allowed to do so we would be taking the SFA to court, a breach of UEFA rules ?

We'd be resigning from the SFA before a licence for England was released. We'd then be taking the SFA to court with an English FA as a defence witness. Leagues in England then face the wrath of UEFA.

It's a non-starter mate.

Whatever the outcome Boabie you can rest assured it will go right up to the wire or even just a day or two before the season starts before we hear anything giving as little time to respond as possible.

It's a non-starter mate.

I don't think it is a breach of UEFA rules. It is simply frowned upon.

An association should never, ever be allowed to simply run roughshod over any of its member clubs. There MUST be recourse in the event that a club is being unfairly punished. It is lunacy and dictatorial to allow it to happen. UEFA may not like that but they have a duty of care, just as much as the SFA, to the clubs under its protection.

I don't think it is a breach of UEFA rules. It is simply frowned upon.

An association should never, ever be allowed to simply run roughshod over any of its member clubs. There MUST be recourse in the event that a club is being unfairly punished. It is lunacy and dictatorial to allow it to happen. UEFA may not like that but they have a duty of care, just as much as the SFA, to the clubs under its protection.

Lunatic or dictatorial there are consequences via UEFA and FIFA for anyone allowing a case taking a national ruling body to a civil court.

Bosman changed football but apart from his civil claim it didn't do him any good.

There is no way any English league would admit Rangers in the knowledge that a civil law case, taking the SFA to court would be required to push it through.

It just wouldn't happen.

Edited by boabie