Billy Bowie urges Scottish football to end hostilities over Rangers' EBTs

Kilmarnock major shareholder Billy Bowie urges Scottish football to end hostilities over Rangers' Employment Benefit Trusts

Billy Bowie urged Scottish football to end bitterness over Rangers’ EBTs

It echoes*a call from Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne for the game to move on

The SPFL have dismissed the possibility of imposing fresh sanctions on Rangers*

Kilmarnock major shareholder Billy Bowie has urged Scottish football to consign the bitterness over Rangers’ EBTs to the past.

Echoing a call from Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne for the game to move on Bowie, who owns 40 per cent of the Rugby Park club, told Sportsmail it’s time for hostilities to end.

The SPFL have dismissed the possibility of imposing fresh sanctions on Rangers over the use of Employee Benefits Trusts to avoid paying full tax on payments to players between 2001 and 2010, ruling out any prospect of title-stripping following legal advice from QC Gerry Moynihan.

Celtic have spent recent days considering their position on the matter.

Urging SPFL clubs and supporters to focus on the future, however, Killie director Bowie said: ‘My thing is to look to the future and stop dwelling on the past.

‘If we keep dwelling on the past it will drag us down — all of the clubs. The SPFL have outlined their stance and it’s past history now.

‘Rangers need to move on — and Scottish football has to draw a line in the sand and move on as well.

‘There are a lot of challenges facing the game currently and we need to see a way through them.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4741294/Billy-Bowie-wants-hostility-Rangers-end.html

Can someone remind me, was it Kilmarnock the only club who voted against us being punted out the leagues in 2012? IIRC it was a 10-1 vote.

No!, they sat on the fence!, neither yes or no

I seem to remember the talk was that Killies boardroom actually consisted of some business people and lawyers who saw what was coming and weren't willing to let the red mist command their ideas. Then again, abstaining from the vote did not help.

From the current Premiership setup, I only have "sympathies" with Dundee (who weren't in the SPL at the time), as well St. Johnstone and ICT, even though the latter two joined in with the pack. Of the rest it is somewhat satisfying that 5 were relegated during our "Journey Back", especially the Arabs, who did not even get the Blue Pound along the way.

I seem to remember the talk was that Killies boardroom actually consisted of some business people and lawyers who saw what was coming and weren't willing to let the red mist command their ideas. Then again, abstaining from the vote did not help.

From the current Premiership setup, I only have "sympathies" with Dundee (who weren't in the SPL at the time), as well St. Johnstone and ICT, even though the latter two joined in with the pack. Of the rest it is somewhat satisfying that 5 were relegated during our "Journey Back", especially the Arabs, who did not even get the Blue Pound along the way.

Dont think Ross County, Hamilton and Partick were in either. I know there is no hard feelings towards Ross County. Dont think the other two would have been so kind towards us.

KIllie were almost certainly one of the three clubs who held the infamous 'Sunday evening meeting' after we got voted out the SPL.

These clubs were concerned that they'd see a drastic reduction in their revenue because of this & weren't convinced by Liewell's poodle Regan that we'd only got demoted one division for one season. They were ultimately correct.

These three clubs realised that if we had to apply to the SFL we'd need to go to the bottom tier and the money we brought to the top tier would be missing for at least three seasons

I suspect the likes of Billy Bowie simply wants to draw a line under everything and move on. Stewart Milne too. I just wish they'd have the courage to lambast Regan's role in all of this

Killie may well have voted for us if it would have made a difference, but they knew it wouldn't make a difference and would only have ended up hurting themselves due to the blackmail and threats they were under, particularly from Celtic and their support. It would have hurt them financially if the Celtic support boycotted them.