English Championship

I wanted to keep Garner, but Waghorn I wasn't too fussed about. However, Waghorn's goal was from a cross and him getting in front of his man at the near post - when did he ever do that for us!? He always seemed to be waiting for the ball with us.

I think that is unfair on Waghorn. He almost invariably, with us, was stuck on the right side of a front 3 - when was he likely to be attacking the near post in that situation ? When were we ever actually throwing crosses into the box anyway ? Almost never, we tried to play through teams even at the edge of the area.

I personally don't see why people preferred Garner over Waghorn. Garner was of headless chicken variety and, despite being played as the striker (to Waghorn's inside forward position) still conspired to score fewer goals than Waghorn last season.....

I think that is unfair on Waghorn. He almost invariably, with us, was stuck on the right side of a front 3 - when was he likely to be attacking the near post in that situation ? When were we ever actually throwing crosses into the box anyway ? Almost never, we tried to play through teams even at the edge of the area.

I personally don't see why people preferred Garner over Waghorn. Garner was of headless chicken variety and, despite being played as the striker (to Waghorn's inside forward position) still conspired to score fewer goals than Waghorn last season.....

Can't argue with any of that. I just felt Garner was more suited to PC's way of playing and could have stepped up this year.

Edited by Rousseau

I think Bruce keeps getting jobs because he has got a team promoted 4 times, and kept Wigan and Sunderland in the PL. He's not the best manager in the country but he gets results. I do think his influence and ability is waning though, as newer manager introduce newer ideas.

Well done Burton, good win. I would have a wager Redknapp walks this week from Brum if I could. He throws toys out the pram if he doesnt get his signings which are fantasy football style. He is the ideal England manager but obviously not good when it comes to nitty gritty.

Ipswich new striker partnership of Waghorn and Garner blasting them up the league. I cant believe that.

Look at Cardiff and Warnock - awesome stuff from the old geezer. What an impact he has on teams. Id take him at Ibrox straight away.