Bill Leckie - Rangers and Pedro Caixinha need a reality check

Can anyone name a good fair decent Scottish sports writer writing in any Scottish papers I cant think of any .

The last one that I can remember that gave us a fair shout was Daryl King (wrote for The Glasgow Evening Times and Herald).

He done a spot on Clyde too. When he was leaving to move to the states he was asked by a caller "so what team did you support, you can tell us now?" His reply was "I'm the only guy moving to the states who was unhappy with the green card" lol.

Can anyone name a good fair decent Scottish sports writer writing in any Scottish papers I cant think of any .

Richard Wilson is one of the best Scottish football writers but appears to have been sidelined at the BBC.

Kenny Millar at The Sun is reasonably fair for a Hibee and has good knowledge. Stephen McGowan at the Daily Mail is a Celtic fan but is usually balanced enough in his output and tends to stay away from the more polarising stuff.

Other than that, you'll struggle to find anyone worth reading on a regular basis.

PS: Chris Jack usually has RFC friendly stuff in the Evening Times. He's pretty good and not afraid to criticise now and again.

Edited by Frankie

I think that's the default mindset of many of these journalists. Dreadful, attention-seeking crap.

I've said it before, and I make no apology for saying it again. It's actually the worst type of 'journalism' because it's lazy. How many of the stories in the press required any of them to get off their backsides and find the story, or the exclusive? In fact, I can't remember the last time I ever read such a story from any of them. The fact is that they are now bloggers with opinions that are less informed than many of us are on here, and cannot compete with the true journalists on the forums. I've read more insight on this forum about signings, tactics, and board issues than I've ever read in a newspaper. They now have no purpose to anyone who is a true football fan. Their modus operandi now is to find something that Celtic fans (and others) will enjoy reading to the detriment of Rangers, regardless of how relevant or true it is. The sad thing (as if it could be sadder) is that they're not biased (in my opinion) towards Celtic. If Celtic was the injured animal, I've no doubt that these lazy imbeciles would write stories that we'd like to read about the demise of Celtic. That's how they survive and I don't think any of them have the skills or attributes to change now. I'd be surprised if any of them have the energy to either because they are now set in their ways.

It won't take long before they find themselves completely redundant. They have been for me for a long time. I don't read newspapers at all. They all receive their news from the same source - Reuters. They then repeat it as if they've identified this story themselves. This is equally true for Sky News as it is BBC, and the majority of news channels. It's actually embarrassing because very often they don't even change the wording of the briefings arriving from Reuters, meaning that they all have exactly the same script. At least try to pretend, surely!?! If you want to know what's really going on, social media and the Internet forums are the places to find out.

Roll on the day where this nonsense stops. Some people are Machiavellian, and others appear to be, but are just lazy. I think I've got more respect for the former because at least that requires some thought, imagination, and effort. The latter only requires a poor attitude to work and life.

It's simply further evidence that it doesn't matter what we do no credit will ever be given. No one is getting carried away because we won at Ross County but it's not as trivial as this clown paints it to be.

The sheep went there just a couple of weeks ago and were 1-0 down inside 2 minutes then labored to a 2-1 win that was depicted as grinding out a good away result at a difficult venue. No mention of them not being as good as they or big Eck thinks they are.

If we lose we wont be as good as we think we are and obviously even if we win as we have just seen we still wont be as good as we think we are. If we won silverware or even the league then we would still get no credit.

Then it would simply be greater resources and the yahoos were 'fatigued' and we're still not so great.

Celtc and the Sheep would be quite happy to come away from Dingwall with a 1-3 win...Why do we need a reality check?

We don't need a reality check.

It's just that wee silly Billy Leckie & others like Mutton are hurting because we won

It's almost like he had already penned his smarmy "Pedro must go after draw in Dingwall" article all done and dusted and then we went and spoiled it by winning quite comfortably.

I think he will find, but probably already knows full well, that Rangers supporters are well aware of our reality, how we got here, all those who have contributed to it and have been complicit in ensuring our return is as difficult as possible.

After what we have been through since the late autumn of 2011 when worries about Whyte's ownership and rumours of insolvency events started surfacing at the club, any smooth victory in the top flight away from home against a notoriously difficult opponent that is achieved can be quite rightly triumphed by our own club's management and supporters, and those that dont like Rangers winning games of football, or even our existence, can quite simply "do one".

It's almost like he had already penned his smarmy "Pedro must go after draw in Dingwall" article all done and dusted and then we went and spoiled it by winning quite comfortably.

I think he will find, but probably already knows full well, that Rangers supporters are well aware of our reality, how we got here, all those who have contributed to it and have been complicit in ensuring our return is as difficult as possible.

After what we have been through since the late autumn of 2011 when worries about Whyte's ownership and rumours of insolvency events started surfacing at the club, any smooth victory in the top flight away from home against a notoriously difficult opponent that is achieved can be quite rightly triumphed by our own club's management and supporters, and those that dont like Rangers winning games of football, or even our existence, can quite simply "do one".

100% spot on

Celtc and the Sheep would be quite happy to come away from Dingwall with a 1-3 win...Why do we need a reality check?

The sheep were recently happy to come away from Dingwall with a 1-2 win after going behind. Yet apparently they needed no 'reality check' even though County hit the bar in the dying seconds. There were millimetres between them and two dropped points.

The sheep were recently happy to come away from Dingwall with a 1-2 win after going behind. Yet apparently they needed no 'reality check' even though County hit the bar in the dying seconds. There were millimetres between them and two dropped points.

Yes, but to counter that, Aberdeen shouldn't need a "reality check" against Ross County. You yourself continually talk about Aberdeen being "put back in their rightful place" - if they are that much poorer than us it means they are that much closer to Ross County - therefore a "hard fought win" for them against Ross County is acceptable and no reason to check themselves.

You can't really have it both ways JFK.

If you want to make the comparison - either Aberdeen are at our level and should also have had a "reality check" despite winning. Or... they didn't need the reality check because Ross County are their level.