Club1872 and safe standing

How does the 1.5 per seat work? I thought it was still 1 per seat with the tickets having a seat number. Is that how Celtic do it?

Do we really need a two step system? It looks to me as if both people standing and sitting have their feet on the same level. Or is that where the 1.5 per seat comes in?

How does the 1.5 per seat work? I thought it was still 1 per seat with the tickets having a seat number. Is that how Celtic do it?

It's one standing position where there would currently be a seat. The regulations in the UK will differ from those in Germany, probably as a result of disasters that have occurred at UK football stadiums.

There's no way Rangers will charge extra for those standing, in my view. As it would generally be younger people who wish to stand, they'll probably have less money and as such, that would have a detrimental affect on the whole thing.

Hopefully the board want to go ahead with this and realise the atmosphere can be improved with a standing section....although I suspect they're just paying lip-service to it and we're discussing something that has no chance of going ahead.

I don't get how a standing section would improve the atmosphere at games. It would be the same group singing the same dirges non stop for 90 minutes as at present. I actually think the present setup stops spontaneous singing from other sections of ground.

Why do people believe there will be a better atmosphere at Ibrox if there is a standing section?

The UB just now are fully committed to creating an atmosphere with lots of singing and drums etc, and they do a good job. However it is only going to be them in the standing section, and they pretty much stand all game just now anyway, so whats the difference?

The atmosphere at Ibrox works when ALL the fans are engaged in it, which is usually reserved for OF games, big Euro ties (distant memory!), and when the team is playing good football and winning matches. It is nothing to do with the seating arrangements, it is a much bigger issue with many different factors.

If this is even in the top 50 things we need to do at the club, then someone has got the priorities very wrong.

When the game in front of the fans is poor, even the UB are quiet as seen on many ocassions last season, no amount of standing rails is going to change that.

The matchday atmosphere has to be built in the lead up to the game, with fans in their places a good 30 mins before kick-off and getting the tunes on. Fans also have to buy into the vision that they are there to be part of the atmosphere, not merely a spectator who gets involved the odd time when the cirucmstances demand it. I for one am completely guilty of being a spectator now with an ocassional outburst at the referee or join in with the odd song if its one of my favs and the game is going well. How does the club turn me back into a fan who wants to go along and sing and create the atmosphere? It has to come from them first and foremost, but no matter waht they do off-field, it will only be a success if the football on the pitch is entertaining and we are winning.

I'd put money on it getting shut down not long after opening.

That's where the pyro will be going off.

That's pretty much the way I see it. Where does all the controversial behaviour at the piggery come from? And do we really want to have our own version of that?

I'm not convinced it's a silver bullet either but the section would be a lot bigger (circa 4000 fans) so it may well wake a few more people up from their slumber.

Would be great if our fans could learn the words, tune & speed to Follow Follow. A pet hate of mine is the bastardising of this great football anthem.