Broons' Cowardly Kick!

Celtic skipper Scott Brown sweats over possible Rangers ban after Hamilton 'kick'

The midfielder could miss the Old Firm game at Ibrox – if he’s reported for a incident with Hamilton defender Giannis Skondras.

By Record Reporter

06:00, 10 SEP 2017

Celtic skipper Scott Brown could miss the Old Firm game at Ibrox – if he’s reported for a kick at Hamilton defender Giannis Skondras.

The midfielder’s challenge was raised by former Parkhead striker Chris Sutton and ex-Rangers boss Ally McCoist on BT Sport during Friday night’s 4-1 win at the Superseal Stadium.

Both pundits believed Brown was lucky not to be shown a red card by ref Don Robertson after catching Skondras on the head.

And if the incident is reported to SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan, Brown would face a sweat over a potential ban.

If he was hit with more than a one-game suspension it could rule him out of the clash with Rangers on September 23.

Whistler Robertson didn’t punish Brown and the Celtic midfielder said at full-time: “I don’t know what happened. He (Skondras) was moaning about me bumping him in the face but there was nothing in it.”

Celtic skipper Scott Brown escapes ban over incident with Hamilton's Ioannis Skondras

It is understood that the SFA's compliance officer Tony McGlennan has decided no complaint will be raised after Brown was involved in an incident with Skondras on Friday.

Brendan Rodgers is "glad" but not surprised that the prospect of a ban for Celtic skipper Scott Brown has not materialised.

There was some speculation that the Hoops midfielder, who has signed a new two-year deal with the Parkhead club which takes him up until at least 2019, could be in trouble after appearing to flick a boot at the face of Hamilton's defender Giannis Skondras during the Hoops' 4-1 Ladbrokes Premiership win on Friday night.

Brown could have missed this month's clash with Rangers had a ban been handed down.

However, it is understood that the SFA's compliance officer Tony McGlennan has decided no complaint will be raised.

Rodgers said: "I haven't made too much of it to be honest."I saw the two players cuddling during the game, I didn't think it was a big issue."I obviously saw the player go to ground and Scott maybe clip him in some way or the other but very quickly I saw them cuddle each other at the edge of the box.

"I don't think it was a big problem for the players and I think it was unintentional so I am glad that was the decision, if there was a decision to be made."

The midfielder’s challenge was raised by former Parkhead striker Chris Sutton and ex- Rangers boss Ally McCoist on BT Sport during Friday night’sclash at the Superseal Stadium.

Both pundits believed Brown was lucky not to be shown a red card by ref Don Robertson after catching Skondras on the head.

He shoves and kicks his way around Scotland and rarely gets pulled up for it. You'd hope one day someone will sort him out.

I'd loved to have got the chance to play against him. He wouldn't be so tough after going up against me, despite me being short :D