Miller banished from first team according to DR

Listen, I agree, all PC needs to do is string a run of victories together and all of this is forgotten, it's that simple.

The British players thing occurred to me a few weeks back but was brought into the open during the week when it was reported that he'd criticised the British players for not welcoming him enough. It certainly looks like someone close to Miller spoke to the Record, if not the player himself, and telling stories out of class doesn't win anyone any friends among the support. But I'm careful of not confusing the messenger with the message.

I thought that was found to be a load of shite ?

We, as fans, (not aimed at you specifically John) will take whatever piece of news we wish to in order to justify the position we wish to take.

We will, on the one hand, say that the Record or the Sun publishes nothing but shite and is anti-Rangers to the core - but the second we see an article which backs our own position we consider it gospel.

Fickle bunch we are.

That said, we have heard NOTHING from our custodians for MONTHS - now, if they are working feverishly in the background then great - but even some soundbites every now and again would be great. We need some form of positivity just now, because there is none - and there is a dark cloud looming over everything Rangers - AGAIN !

One of the most common parts of Millers game is head shaking - he does it all the time. I don't know if it's aimed at his actions or those of his team mates.

I wouldn't surprise me if he rates himself higher than the rest & takes it badly when he is dropped for poor performances. What better way to bring focus to you not getting a game, than to leak certain bits of info to the press. This info is probably not 100% wrong, and is therefore not false....but at the same time not 100% accurate either - being told from "A certain point of view" (copyright Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Who's to say that PC hasn't said to Miller that the team can manage without him tonight, so travel with the U20's as a coach to assist. Miller maybe of prefered to play & leaked 1/2 truths.

WRT the captain arm band issue, we don't know if Millers come onto the park and almost demanded the arm band from Dorrans - against PC's instructions. Has Miller maybe assumed that he may be a more senior captain than Dorrans???

Ultimately PC is the man in charge. It doesn't matter who the player is, they are not the ones calling the shots, and they are not the ones that tend to get the grief is the team doesn't perform.

But, but, but Chris "Scrote" McLaughlin of BBCeltland also reports that Mr. Miller is off to London to be with the u20s at the weekend when they play Brentford!

Now, let's just imagine for a second that PC told Mr. Miller quite "frankly" that his role as coach will happen closer than Mr. Miller expected? And that's that. For if there was a fallout, woud you, as a coach want a disgruntled veteran joining up with our youngsters and spill further discontent amongst them?

But, but, but Chris "Scrote" McLaughlin of BBCeltland also reports that Mr. Miller is off to London to be with the u20s at the weekend when they play Brentford!

Now, let's just imagine for a second that PC told Mr. Miller quite "frankly" that his role as coach will happen closer than Mr. Miller expected? And that's that. For if there was a fallout, woud you, as a coach want a disgruntled veteran joining up with our youngsters and spill further discontent amongst them?

No way would Miller go from first team pick to U20's player without a falling out.

"....a player who still commands a lot of respect from his fellow professionals and one looked up too by most of the players at Ibrox..." i think this holds only insofar as he is worth his place. This season, that is, to be kind, debatable.

No it doesn't. This isn't about his ability as a player it's about the respect he commands from his fellow pros. It's about how he deals with his team-mates, how he trains, behaves and conducts himself. It's the same in any walk of life, the best player isn't always the most respected.

"Caixinha has struggled to manage British players..." He seems to have little trouble managing Foderingham. Alnwick, Tavernier, Jack, Hodson, John, Windass, latterly McCrorie, and was hell bent on acquiring the Scottish lad from Hertz, and seems intent on signing McLean from Aberdeen.

He shouted at Dorrans, apparently, and if the player has thrown the toys out for that, then i m h o, he is perhaps at the wrong Club, if not in the wrong profession.

Fod, Tav, Dorrans and Jack have been first choice picks. Fod has done well, Tav looks no better or worse than last season, Jack's done okay but he not the unqualified success some seem to think he is. Dorrans, for me, has been disappointing, I think he's a better player than we've seen and is largely out of position playing deep. Hodson plays one in five, Alnwick not even that and John has barely played one match. Windass is, at best, inconsistent and McCrorie has played one and a bit games. Hardie isn't getting a sniff and Wallace seems to keep picking up niggley injuries. I don't think managing is just about picking players for the team, it's about getting the best out of them. PC isn't doing that with most of those players.

"The form of Garner, Waghorn and O'Halloran further shows that properly managed all three were capable of far more than we saw." tell me that at the end of the season. We had these players long enough, and they performed neither for Warburton nor Caixinha. Are we to assume that they are football wizards and that both managers are to be blame for their consistent poor form?

Okay, we'll compare notes again in a few months time.

B]"...you can't win anything without players on your side and buying into your methods." you've got that one right. However, who should bend: player or coach? Should players dictate the coaches method(s), for which, we may assume, he was hired in the first place.

Management is getting the best out of the resources he has. How's that working out then? He can send half of them to the under-20s as long as he keeps winning matches, if he's not then he's got a problem.

I thought that was found to be a load of shite ?

Was it? I hadn't heard that.

We, as fans, (not aimed at you specifically John) will take whatever piece of news we wish to in order to justify the position we wish to take.

We will, on the one hand, say that the Record or the Sun publishes nothing but shite and is anti-Rangers to the core - but the second we see an article which backs our own position we consider it gospel.

Fickle bunch we are.

That said, we have heard NOTHING from our custodians for MONTHS - now, if they are working feverishly in the background then great - but even some soundbites every now and again would be great. We need some form of positivity just now, because there is none - and there is a dark cloud looming over everything Rangers - AGAIN !

I'm not one of the 'ban all papers' brigade. I've no doubt that today's story came directly from Miller or one of his associates. It's true in so much as it's his version of what's happened. PC might have a different version. I've actually really tried to be less negative about PC in recent weeks, but it's not easy you know!