Miller banished from first team according to DR

No it doesn't. This isn't about his ability as a player it's about the respect he commands from his fellow pros. It's about how he deals with his team-mates, how he trains, behaves and conducts himself. It's the same in any walk of life, the best player isn't always the most respected.

[I]You know more about how Miller is viewed by his fellows than I. However, I will say that if a player is picked consistently, irrespective of form, that is, if, other things being equal, he cannot justify his place, then his status among his peers will plummet. That's how it works, and ignoring it is only likely to provoke, or inflame, grievances. [/i]

Fod, Tav, Dorrans and Jack have been first choice picks. Fod has done well, Tav looks no better or worse than last season, Jack's done okay but he not the unqualified success some seem to think he is. Dorrans, for me, has been disappointing, I think he's a better player than we've seen and is largely out of position playing deep. Hodson plays one in five, Alnwick not even that and John has barely played one match. Windass is, at best, inconsistent and McCrorie has played one and a bit games. Hardie isn't getting a sniff and Wallace seems to keep picking up niggley injuries. I don't think managing is just about picking players for the team, it's about getting the best out of them. PC isn't doing that with most of those players.

You state that PC seems to have a problem 'managing' UK players, using a selective sample. I say that there is no evidence for this. Your assertion also begs the question of whether he manages 'foreign' players better. It may be that he is not managing the whole playing staff properly, or effectively, but that is a quite different matter.

Okay, we'll compare notes again in a few months time.

Management is getting the best out of the resources he has. How's that working out then? He can send half of them to the under-20s as long as he keeps winning matches, if he's not then he's got a problem.

Answer the question: does the manager/coach bend, or do the players?

Edited by Uilleam

On first hearing of this story my initial reaction was that it must be nonsense, as Miller has always been a model pro, well regarded by teammates and coaches, and to think of him having a bust-up with any player or manager just doesnt ring true to me. It is well documented what I think of him as a player, but I regard him highly as a professional.

The one thing that gives this some credibility is that it is Jackson reporting it, all from Miller's angle. Miller is well known to be a leak and Jackson has often been his journo of choice.

The beauty of this is that we will know over the weekend if this has any substance or not when we firstly hear the 18 man team for tonight, and then get the reports from the U20's trip to London. If Miller is not included in the 18, and then is snapped with the youths in London, then we can then, and only then, give this some credibility.

I said in a post here on Gersnet at the start of the season, which conveniently I cant find atm, that I felt there was a voice on the park who was telling the players what to do and that I felt it was counter productive to the instructions and tactics PC was requesting from the touch line but that I couldn't figure out who it was. It took me one game to see it and I'm still not sure exactly who it was coming from but I'm leaning heavily towards Miller as it hasn't been in evidence when he wasn't playing.

He has experience of that there is no doubt and by all accounts he works well with the youths and lots of players look up to him because he's apparently helpful when it comes to a new player settling in and being integrated into the club. If that is true I'm finding it difficult to produce evidence of this camaraderie or encouragement on the park during a game from him? It may well be that he is just a moody type on the park which is fair enough. However contrast that with Iain Ferguson, who no one could accuse of being a chirpy chappy on the park, attitude towards Mo Johnstone when he arrived which paraphrasing from Fergie himself 'he came in and I could see he really worked hard in training and that was good enough for me'. Millers body language, facial expressions and his lack of attempt bely any such suggestion that he is accommodating especially towards the newer guys. I might even suggest its garbage and that Miller has attempted to ingratiate himself with the Scots in the dressing room in order to cement some sort of position within the club as he nears retirement. It appears to me that he has simply been working his ticket perhaps our resident psychologist 'cooponthewing' will have at least given it some thought over the last month or so.

It may also be true that there is no real spat as such and that its just a crabit senior complaining to the nurse that his tartan rug has slipped off and that his mashed banana is too cold.

All this over kenny miller , is this how far we have fallen

couldn't agree more

where are the "miller's great to have around the dressing room, experience, coaching career " now?

miller is finished, he was dreadful last season and should have been jettisoned, this isn't the first time he's been outed as the leak and to those cretins

BUT it all comes down to bad management

for the love of Christ Board go and employ a decent manager

couldn't agree more

where are the "miller's great to have around the dressing room, experience, coaching career " now?

miller is finished, he was dreadful last season and should have been jettisoned, this isn't the first time he's been outed as the leak and to those cretins

BUT it all comes down to bad management

for the love of Christ Board go and employ a decent manager

Not sure how you can assert that.

If true, this actually looks like strong management. If you consider this incident in isolation, and not the results of the team or other issues you have with the manager.