Rangers will be forced to live in Celtic’s shadow for generations to come

The crazy thing is - I look at our players and think.... why can't we win the league?

We have spent more this summer than the rest of Scottish football (except celtic) put together.

We have a European Champion at CH, We have a seasoned premier league midfielder and we have a genuine goal threat.

Oh not to mention two Mexican internationals...

Even after all we have been through... the celtic teams of those eras were far worse.

The use of the word, 'forced' in the headline will have Neil and his fellow Sellik supporters in a state of tumescence. Of course, Neil wants to sound reasonable, thus mentions a flare thrower.

Here's the thing, on the front page of the Herald this morning, there is another story about L;atvian bank, 'Rietumu Banka'. This is the third front page piece in five months on the bank that is partly owned(a third) and managed by ra Sellik's majority shareholder, Dermot Desmond. Today's revelation is the bank has provided a front for the Russian Government's organisation of crowdfunding the invasion/partition of areas of Ukraine. Previously, the Bank has been accused of aiding tax evasion in France and providing a platform for North Korean money laundering.

When Neil does a piece on the morality and legality of dearest Dermot, then I will consider him reasonable. Neil might have to be, 'FORCED'?

Celtic are nothing more than a legitimate money-making operation for Desmond. Him and all those other preferential shareholders they've got

Celtic are nothing more than a legitimate money-making operation for Desmond. Him and all those other preferential shareholders they've got

"Legitimate". You do wonder how legitimate considering some of the crowds reported. Plus, now they are moving into the hotel trade. It would be interesting to see the occupancy rates once it is built.

"Legitimate". You do wonder how legitimate considering some of the crowds reported. Plus, now they are moving into the hotel trade. It would be interesting to see the occupancy rates once it is built.

During the time before the financial crash there were countless new hotels and properties in Spain popping up. Coincidentally it was said they were a convenient way of "cleaning Russian money"?

Edited by cooponthewing

The use of the word, 'forced' in the headline will have Neil and his fellow Sellik supporters in a state of tumescence. Of course, Neil wants to sound reasonable, thus mentions a flare thrower.

Here's the thing, on the front page of the Herald this morning, there is another story about L;atvian bank, 'Rietumu Banka'. This is the third front page piece in five months on the bank that is partly owned(a third) and managed by ra Sellik's majority shareholder, Dermot Desmond. Today's revelation is the bank has provided a front for the Russian Government's organisation of crowdfunding the invasion/partition of areas of Ukraine. Previously, the Bank has been accused of aiding tax evasion in France and providing a platform for North Korean money laundering.

When Neil does a piece on the morality and legality of dearest Dermot, then I will consider him reasonable. Neil might have to be, 'FORCED'?

Afraid that would involve a bit of hard work and journalistic skill. Not something you associate with the Scottish football press.

Stopped reading after 3 sentences. Filed as Celtic propaganda.

I didn't even get that far pete. I saw the title of thread and immediately thought "shite".

How can anyone suggest that we will be behind them for "generations" - they do realize how long even just TWO generations would be ? That is a very long time.

When they build this hotel and it is a bust what will they do then ?

Hotels can be cash businesses. Great for money laundering :ninja:

I didn't even get that far pete. I saw the title of thread and immediately thought "shite".

How can anyone suggest that we will be behind them for "generations" - they do realize how long even just TWO generations would be ? That is a very long time.

It will be letting rooms by the hour within 18 months.....

Methinks they'll have to pay their 18m CooP loan back next year, so every pound they get until then is vital. You wonder what sort of nightmares their financial accountants had when that proposed 40m deal for Dembele did not materialize ... only to breath a major sigh of relief when they read the CL draws and saw the money they throw after the teams.