TRO: Keith Jackson and The Ratio

Might be very good points but highly presumptive re what I may be thinking or wanting. And presuming incorrectly at that.

I said it was a poor article. I never said I didn't want articles written to defend our club. I do, I very much wish it. I loved something the TRO put out recently.

I don't believe that this one did anything to help defend our club because I thought it a very poor article.

I don't see why that means I have to be be tarred immediately with the brush of backing "dignified silence" and everything else of which I may be accused. That's just a knee-jerk response typical of online blinkered thinking that if you don't agree with everything on one side of a topic you have to be fully in another camp.

I can be, and am, of the opinion that this was a poor article without having to be anything that Big Jaws immediately assumed me to be.

TRO is only "doing what it says on the tin" if it does it effectively. Here it did not, while in an earlier article it did. We are all the same: we all only accomplish our roles, jobs and tasks in life when we complete them successfully. We all have good and bad days. For TRO, this was not a good one.

Might be very good points but highly presumptive re what I may be thinking or wanting. And presuming incorrectly at that.

I said it was a poor article. I never said I didn't want articles written to defend our club. I do, I very much wish it. I loved something the TRO put out recently.

I don't believe that this one did anything to help defend our club because I thought it a very poor article.

I don't see why that means I have to be be tarred immediately with the brush of backing "dignified silence" and everything else of which I may be accused. That's just a knee-jerk response typical of online blinkered thinking that if you don't agree with everything on one side of a topic you have to be fully in another camp.

I can be, and am, of the opinion that this was a poor article without having to be anything that Big Jaws immediately assumed me to be.

TRO is only "doing what it says on the tin" if it does it effectively. Here it did not, while in an earlier article it did. We are all the same: we all only accomplish our roles, jobs and tasks in life when we complete them successfully. We all have good and bad days. For TRO, this was not a good one.

First of all I didn't presume anything other than that you are a Rangers supporter? After that it is simply my opinion based on my observations of many Rangers blogs, articles and fans forums including this one.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion on whether the article is well written or not... from your perspective. However to negate its subject matter as unimportant or time unwisely spent in my opinion is a mistake because its not simply an ad hominem. Indeed the article centres around one of the main protagonist agitating against both Rangers fans and our club. However it focuses attention on the publication he writes for and his own personal comments through his twitter feed in addition to the articles he writes for that publication. I believe in freedom of speech but we shouldn't allow these people to spread their bile uncontested. Unlike yourself on this occasion I'm all for 'getting intae thum' when the situation presents itself as it did here. I'm sorry you don't agree that it was necessary to do that Steve but even at that I respect your position.

Edited by Big Jaws

And I respect yours, Big Jaws and apologise for coming across very much as though I didn't.

Truth be told I am trying an old Microsoft trick which once worked for me but is driving me nuts as I try to use it again. Many years back, Microsoft only allowed employees online for one hour in the morning and one in the afternoon. Productivity soared. I tried this myself once when faced with a daunting deadline and it remains to this day the only deadline I've made with lots of time to spare. I usually deliver at the very end of the allotted time.

This time I am not only struggling to remain in the allotted hour but also getting ratty at having to (by my own rules) fire off replies too rapidly. I have to check online for work reasons and forcing oneself not to click on recreational matters is proving damn difficult. In fact, I shouldn't be here now because that means I'll not answer any e-mails....or I will and feel guilty ;)

Anyway, all of that is to say that I'll not be posting much at all ("hurrah" rings around the ground) for a while, but I'll be keeping an eye on the forum from time to time.

Until you next hear from me: "Good luck to the Glasgow Rangers/ and the Gersnet girls and boys."

Forgive the intrusion of a non user of Twitter.

I may be wrong, completely, but it does seem obvious that the purpose of any Jackson tweet is to be provocative, to pique the interest of those who subscribe to Twitter, this to encourage purchase of the Daily Rhabble, or access to its website.

Therefore, re-tweets are good, as they disseminate the message, such as that is, like free advertising. Replies add grist to the mill.

Forgive the intrusion of a non user of Twitter.

I may be wrong, completely, but it does seem obvious that the purpose of any Jackson tweet is to be provocative, to pique the interest of those who subscribe to Twitter, this to encourage purchase of the Daily Rhabble, or access to its website.

Therefore, re-tweets are good, as they disseminate the message, such as that is, like free advertising. Replies add grist to the mill.

I think you may be correct

same methods most broadcasters in Scotland use it seems. Have felt for a while that someone in Scotland a few years back managed to convince those in charge of these things that shock and awe was the way to encourage sports fan interaction.

Was watching highlights of foreign games from last week this morning cant remember the exact game but the commentator started discussing the problem one of the teams was having in transition and pinpointed some ways to fix it, then went n to discuss the actions the manager had actually taken to sort the fault. Nearly fell off my chair! reminded me of how i used to love listening to the commentators when i was younger, they always seemed to bring the game to life.

Imagine a kid of today listening to Scottish commentators!

same methods most broadcasters in Scotland use it seems. Have felt for a while that someone in Scotland a few years back managed to convince those in charge of these things that shock and awe was the way to encourage sports fan interaction.

Was watching highlights of foreign games from last week this morning cant remember the exact game but the commentator started discussing the problem one of the teams was having in transition and pinpointed some ways to fix it, then went n to discuss the actions the manager had actually taken to sort the fault. Nearly fell off my chair! reminded me of how i used to love listening to the commentators when i was younger, they always seemed to bring the game to life.

Imagine a kid of today listening to Scottish commentators!

Imagine for a minute if that kid is a Rangers supporter, those haters and bigots, especially those at the BBC Scotland. Continuous sectarian and bigoted comments on our club, would make him think that sort of behaviour is acceptable in society.

I remember, as a young kid, listening to BBC Scotland every Saturday to hear how Rangers were doing. How times have changed.

I try to ignore the vast majority of football pundits and commentators these days, although BT's European Football Show on Sunday nights is excellent.

Imagine for a minute if that kid is a Rangers supporter, those haters and bigots, especially those at the BBC Scotland. Continuous sectarian and bigoted comments on our club, would make him think that sort of behaviour is acceptable in society.

It is acceptable as long as it’s directed as Protestants, Unionists and Rangers supporters. Some have had a go at me for continually pointing out this stems from the SNP. I’m only stating the obvious, they are the government who oversee society and it’s boundaries.

Edited by cooponthewing