Alves concern about 'unacceptable' behaviour on pitch

A balanced dossier needs to be submitted to both the authorities & to the media, that highlights ALL incidents that go against the rules etc, that receive either wrong actions or no actions from the Refs. I believe they should also go to lengths to include incidents where RFC players have been the perpetrators as well. By doing so, it results in a balanced view of the situation & cannot be shouted down as simply being sour grapes etc.

I can't comment on what the standard of refereeing is like with other teams, but I certainly think there would be enough evident to support claims made by RFC.

When you have players like Alves openly stating that its gone beyond the acceptable physical game, you know there is something in it.

Worth also saying that even in the lower leagues, the severity of the challenges wasn't anywhere near as bad....yes it was very physical & at times injuries were sustained, but it wasn't verging on full-on warfare/assault.

The Motherwell player even stated before the match he would be happy to fight Morelos during the game and after. And nothing is done by the authorities. It seems in Scotland you can assault and threaten players during, before and after matches, we can spit on opponents club crests, wipe our snorters on their crests, allow fans to attack opposition players on the park, hit them with golf brollies, tie scarves to the opponents goals, allow players to taunt opposition fans after scoring goals, allow managers to give F You gestures to fans, invade the park and threaten fans, and all with the apparent blessing of the referees and the SFA who do and say absolutely NOTHING. You can perhaps put isolated incidents down to sour grapes or disappointment but the list of incidents is now compellingly indicative of a serious institutional problem. I would hesitate to use words like bias or malice but there can be no doubt now there is a wilful negligence by the authorities when it comes to officiating our matches and dealing with surrounding events and incidents. It’s extremely difficult to explain. No professional organisation in any other walk of life would get away with this level of negligence and incompetence.

Edited by Walterbear

The Motherwell player even stated before the match he would be happy to fight Morelos during the game and after. And nothing is done by the authorities. It seems in Scotland you can assault and threaten players during, before and after matches, we can spit on opponents club crests, wipe our snorters on their crests, allow fans to attack opposition players on the park, hit them with golf brollies, tie scarves to the opponents goals, allow players to taunt opposition fans after scoring goals, allow managers to give F You gestures to fans, invade the park and threaten fans, and all with the apparent blessing of the referees and the SFA who do and say absolutely NOTHING. You can perhaps put isolated incidents down to sour grapes or disappointment but the list of incidents is now compellingly indicative of a serious institutional problem. I would hesitate to use words like bias or malice but there can be no doubt now there is a wilful negligence by the authorities when it comes to officiating our matches and dealing with surrounding events and incidents. It’s extremely difficult to explain. No professional organisation in any other walk of life would get away with this level of negligence and incompetence.

Absolutely spot on.

I think everything stems from UEFA and FIFA. They told referee's the game was becoming indoor football and they should allow more bodily contact. As always that opens up grey and not so grey areas. It is not just Scotland that tackles are getting harder but certainly all over Europe.