Confirmed: Pedro Sacked

Board need to go. Have backed them since the fat idiot was in charge but no more. They don't have a clue what they are doing or who is holding us back.

They say there has been no progress under pedro the exact same can be said of them. We are going backwards under their stewardship .

There are only two kinds of manager we can approach. Those who wouldnt touch it with a barge pole and those who couldn’t do the job. It’s a poisoned chalice and that won’t change under the current board. That’s pretty much the extent of my optimism.

This.

We need to realize that being manager of Rangers is a poisoned chalice at this juncture. The Board need to invest but they also need to defend the club in stronger terms against the injustices we see. While many fans don't see ref conspiracies or inconsistency in interactions with the authorities, other people DO see this. And when they see it they would more than likely say "Why would I put myself in that position for that amount of money".

The Board need to actually defend the club appropriately even if we look foolish to outsiders in doing so - the only way to actually have others see our plight is to highlight it, even if the media then pick it apart and try to turn it. Only when the board operate under a "siege mentality" is it likely that excellent managers could come to us with a "lets turn this great institution around" mentality.

The only other option aside from the two you gave above would be if someone had lost their job under a cloud... someone like a FdB or a Koeman - someone who sees the size of Rangers and sees it as an opportunity to restore their professional reputation..... but that would be a bigger gamble for them than it would be for the club !

Biggest decision in our history (since the last one and the last one and the.....) coming up , and they cant get this wrong even if it takes months to do .

I have absolutely no faith in this board .

We seem to lurch from one disappointment to another with no end in sight despite some progress being made off the park.

The board took a huge gamble giving Pedro so much money in the summer to spend. And realistically they shouldve gave him longer after that size of an investment.

I am assuming they have the money to let the next manager do the same? Otherwise which manager of real quality is going to want to come in??

My preference would be a marquee manager but I doubt we can afford one.

This is a no brainer. They MUST find the cash require to bring in the best candidate they can, no if's, but's or maybe's. The Board cannot cut any corners with this.

Manager speculation - 'Safe': McInnes, Walter, McCall | 'Interesting': Gaultier, Neil, Allardyce, Preud'homme | 'Dreaming': Gio, Favre

Who do you fancy?

Surely no one would think of putting Walter thru that again. For good or bad, I don’t think it will be anyone other than Derek McInnes this time

Edited by Bill