Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Which begs the question: what do you expect from the Board? Realistically that is. For we see lots of unrealistic stuff being flung about here and elsewhere.

Whether you agreed with Pedro's dismissal or not it was clear fairly early in the season that he 'might' need replaced, it's astonishing that a list of possible Rangers managers, based on salary expectations, cost to remove them for current position and suitability for the job wasn't drawn up by the board then. I mean surely the list of 2nd, and 3rd choice candidates to replace Warburton is still in drawer somewhere!

If, for reasons of cost, we're not able to attract a top European manager or one with English Premier League experience then fine, if our budget means we're looking for managers from smaller leagues, like Scotland, or out of work managers then again that's fine, draw the list up from those guys. But why nobody has been approached far less appointed is bewildering. If it's to be McInness then get the job done, why wait? If it's to be Allerdyce or McLaren or McLeish then again why the delay? If it's someone else already in a job then make the approach and if it's rebuffed move on to the next person or go back with a better offer. If it was an international manager we want and we needed to wait until after the play-offs then why has nothing happened since? Both Coleman and O'Neill have been approached and in one case appointed already.

So what puzzles many of us is that surely the board realised that Pedro might not make it at least a few weeks before he did leave, that's five weeks now. That's a long time in any profession, far less football. I understand the need to be careful and carry out diligence and all of that but this is a surprisingly long time. If they were expecting to hear from someone and they haven't yet then make contact with him. If the board is split on this then find resolution to it, that's how boards function.

The Sun (I know) reported that Coleman was approached. If he turned us down in favour of basket case Sunderland, what does that tell us about the state we're in? Haven't heard that MON was approached. Is that true?

Reading my post again I can see that part could be misread. I meant both have been approached by others for their manager's position. Coleman by Sunderland and O'Neill by Scotland. I've no idea if Rangers approached either of them, the point I was trying to make was if we'd been waiting until their international commitments were over then we should have acted by now, as others have.

the board need to step aside, it is very simple. They do not posses the skill base required to take the club forward and run it properly, nor do they have the ability to hire appropriate candidates either. We need their cash not their ideas.

Start with the guy from the darts (Hearn?) and let him run with it.

the board need to step aside, it is very simple. They do not posses the skill base required to take the club forward and run it properly, nor do they have the ability to hire appropriate candidates either. We need their cash not their ideas.

Start with the guy from the darts (Hearn?) and let him run with it.

Has Barry Hearn been linked to us? He would be fantastic.

The Sun (I know) reported that Coleman was approached. If he turned us down in favour of basket case Sunderland, what does that tell us about the state we're in? Haven't heard that MON was approached. Is that true?

Probably a massive gap in wages.