Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I honestly can't believe we are going to pay £1M for McInnes and his Celtic supporting number 2, what a waste of money and very uninspiring!

I would rather we keep Murty and Johansson than pay that kind of money for the likes of them, especially to the sheep!

Who knows what might be going on. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they may offer say O'Halloran as a make weight rather than a million pounds.

Who knows what might be going on. Not beyond the realms of possibility that they may offer say O'Halloran as a make weight rather than a million pounds.

Now you've got me thinking ..... I wasn't so keen on this appointment, but if we swapped Miller for DM ..... I'd be fine with that.

And then the deal couldn't be done until January, meaning that the new Gersnet forum could be launched just in time to announce the new manager. It's all coming together nicely, just as Frankie planned it.

Edited by Gaffer

McInnes is uninspiring, but I don't really mind as long as there is a coach there that can bring that extra spark of modernity. I've said it before, but Sir Alex brought in technical coaches when he saw his 'style' wasn't going to cut it in the modern game. Rene Muelenstein and Carlos Queiroz brought Man Utd forward, building on the slight shift that McClaren started.

I'd like to see a more technical coach in there, to work alongside DM -- if we go that way. For all their faults, we started something with MW and PC; we must build on it. Murty seems to have the right idea, implementing Tactical Periodisation.

There is bad blood between the clubs and I can't see the sheep settling for anything less than the full release* clause, paid up front.

* that is claimed by many to exist.

I am not anti Dave King but he either doesn't care what the supporters think or he is totally lost to the feelings of the supporters.
I dont think he cares much. Im not sure he should either within reason.

We cant have a board blowing in the wind with supporter whims.

I dont think he cares much. Im not sure he should either within reason.

We cant have a board blowing in the wind with supporter whims.

Yep, if they catered to supporter whims no manager would last beyond the first bad result and in fact we would never have any manager because no one they can get would please everybody.