Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I'm fairly certain that Murty will be in charge for Ross County, whether there will be a new manager announced or not.

I think "Murts" will be in the dugout again at the weekend as well. A new manager may be appointed before then, but he may be reluctant to lead the team given the short timescale. Keeping Murts there would make sense.

We're in second place and if we hadn't lost those two games would only be a point off first. I don't think we necessarily have a bad squad, in fact I think its improved a lot over the last while in terms of quality, but clearly its not going to challenge Celtic's. I think if McInnes can sort out the underlying issues with confidence, stamp out the silly mistakes and make us a bit harder to beat, we're then in a position to put the last few years behind us and kick on. I only say that because under the last two men, there's been worrying trends on the park which never seem to get addressed and i'm really hoping someone like McInnes can address those.

We need someone in who can do a steady job over a 3 year contract and alongside the DoF, can set a solid foundation.

From what is visible, there simply isn't the finance to do it a different way. The only way we would be able to get a potentially 'outstanding manager' is if we spotted a younger manager who could grow into it, ie. another long-odds gamble.

-------------

McInnes has spent 4 years at both St.Johnstone and Aberdeen, ie. is prepared to keep at a job.

He knows the Scottish game/market.

He knows about Rangers (playing).

He can achieve consistent results that in the short term should mean 2nd place.

He has European qualifier experience with diddy team and has done okish but would need to improve, ie. start getting to group stage.

Generally, the media would give him more leeway than leftfielder.

----------------

Now I get I'm a broken record but I'd take the "best possible candidate" / "we can do better than him" opinion more seriously if it could be accompanied by viable and realistic suggestions that fit within current circumstances.

ie. it's easy to belittle McInnes, but it'd be more constructive to offer real alternatives....(trueblue82 ?)

Edited by buster.

The thing is Rangers have now based the whole footballing vision right through from the youths to the first team. That is not really the system that McInnes has adopted in the past. The question is will the dog shake it's tail or will the tail shake the dog?

The thing is Rangers have now based the whole footballing vision right through from the youths to the first team. That is not really the system that McInnes has adopted in the past. The question is will the dog shake it's tail or will the tail shake the dog?

Haven't we abandoned the 'do plan A better' inflexibility?

The footballing vision thing doesn't have to involve playing 433 from the age of two through to the first team.

I would assume that as opposed to most other places, the system now in place is supported by the high-ups of the club, who ain't just a single person any longer. Thus, I would assume the manager has to come to terms with it. I would also assume that the way we run the club now, DoF and a strategy from top to bottom is not readily available to that many other clubs in a way we do it?

I would assume that as opposed to most other places, the system now in place is supported by the high-ups of the club, who ain't just a single person any longer. Thus, I would assume the manager has to come to terms with it. I would also assume that the way we run the club now, DoF and a strategy from top to bottom is not readily available to that many other clubs in a way we do it?

We need to give whatever it is a chance and not throw the baby out of the bathwater as soon as we hit a bad spell.

The installation (sic) of Mcinnes will be a boon and a blessing to -only- the Scottish media: there is so much scope for conflict -on fundamentals, like style of play- between the DofF and the "Manager", and the Football Dept and the "Management Team", that it is seriously, seriously worrying. Throw somebody like Barry Ferguson into the mix, and, well, you can guess the rest.

How long before each side is briefing against the other? The end of the month? And what about the transfer window? My God, the power struggle doesn't bear thinking about.

How long before the DofF and all that meretricious and unScottish stuff is ditched completely for kailyard fitba'?

On the upside, we can now agree on a new name for Auchenhowie: let it be known henceforth as "Jurassic Park".

But ain't that due to the people he's got at hand and can afford? He faces a new challenge with us and it remains to be seen, if he actually arrives, whether he progresses as a coach as well.

That could be true dB and that's why I've got everything crossed. I hope he can deliver good (and winning) football. And as with MW and PC, I'll support him and the team as always.

If it is DM he must come in and adhere to the set-up as it seems to be working.

Imagine going into a new job environment and insisting that everything be scrapped,it is not feasible IMO.

As far as we are concerned we have "fixed" the old system and it does not need another fix,only a safe pair of hands to better it.

This seems like a guy at a nightclub who sees a plain girl who seems to like him, but he speaks all night drinking and chatting up all the lookers, getting knocked back all the way. Then at the end of the night he's pished and desperate and so goes for the slow dance with the plain one.

Trouble is she saw what he was doing and so either knocks him back too, or really makes him work for it...