Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Why not? If he does the best for Rangers I dont have any issue. I would stand for it! Your Neanderthal mentality is all thats wrong.

Neanderthal? What's that about? You're welcome to your opinion but it can't have much of a foundation if you need to resort to insults.

Wright has a better record against Celtc than McInnes.

What is his record against Celtic?

I think McInnes is rubbish, but he is still better than Tommy Wright.

Actually, I just had a quick look, and DM has 4 wins against Celtic in the last 4-5 years (12 pts), whereas Tommy Wright has 2 wins and 3 draws (9 pts) over the same period.

So, if I'm right... Wright does not have a better record against Celtic. Is that him ruled out now?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthter View Post

Do we REALLY believe that McInnes & Milne have not discussed the Rangers position prior to Tuesday???? They will have known their exact plans, should an official approach be made.

Good point.

If there had been communication between McInnes/agent and Rangers then it would have been unofficial.

Rumour going around the South of Europe is that this was all a cunning plan to demotivate the sheep, win the two games and double bluff about our future plans.

If there had been communication between McInnes/agent and Rangers then it would have been unofficial.

Not saying anything with agents, but given the media attention, it would have been remiss if Milne hadn't called DM in to ask "what would you do if the asked???"

It would also be strange if Aberdeen didnt start doing their own recruitment planning for a replacement.....

Edited by Darthter

Compare Aberdeen and St Johnstone's wage bills and then have another look.

Is that you moving the goalposts?

So you think Wright has done better with the relative wage bill?

St Johnstone have a third of the wage bill Aberdeen have. But Aberdeen have about a third the wage bill we have. Wright is beating teams, in terms of finishing position, that have pretty much the same wage bill (only Hearts have a significantly bigger wage bill, of around double), whereas DM is beating a team (Us), in terms of finishing position, with a third of the wage bill -- and he actually got close to Celtic on a couple of occasions with a vastly inferior wage bill. I don't think it's that conclusive. You can argue they've both done very well with their budgets, but I'd struggle to state that Wright has done better.

What's your next "fact"?

Edited by Rousseau