"...and Brittania's Huns

With their long range guns

Sailed in through the foggy dew..."

Apparently “Foggy Dew” was written by Canon Charles O’Neill of Portglenone, County Antrim (1887–1963), a parish priest of Kilcoo and later Newcastle, County Down, sometime after 1919.

Good point. The Police Service of Northern Ireland have banned the used of the following words to describe Protestants "Hun. Blacks/Black Man. Prod. Orangie. Jaffa"

I have also posted (with Pete’s help) pictures of “Hun Scum” graffiti all over Glasgow city centre. We all know why the use of this term has not been outlawed by legislation at shortbread towers. They are happy to look at their Irish counterparts only when it suits their agenda.

Let's face it, if you are pro-British, you're a xenophobic, bigoted git. If you support anti-British terrorist organisations, you're some kind of diversity, inclusive freedom fighter.

We can't say anything but they can say what they want about us.

The SNP and their demented voters love all this. I know what I'd do with them...

I started this thread to genuinely get information ,I note some of our zealots want to question my very existence on this thread in my thirst for knowledge.

Like others on here I am old enough to remember us singing at them Go home ya Huns.

That I understood, their “neutrality”in WWII the entire east coast of Ireland being used as a lit up marker for the German bombers to navigate to their UK targetsetc.

The ‘belief’ that the same day if ever the Germans invaded UK mainland the Irish Army would enter and attempt to take the 6 counties.

I understood that it was simple,however somewhere and somehow we became the Huns,and as I said ,I thought it was because of our Germanic monarchy.

Nobody has yet been able to say why it is now our “badge” or how it originated .

There are posts about all sorts of things appertaining to them but nothing on what I tried to find out.

I really do wish the hardcore of our fan base would stop this radicalism type behaviour .

Anyone asks ,or says anything that does not meet the hardcore acceptable levels of silent obedience is immediately attacked as some sort of imposter it is a nonsense.

Edited by Barrheadboy

Admin. Time to move this thread to the Bluenose lounge... It gives the impression that it is football related but its not its political.

I would think that as we are discussing what Rangers fans are called by a certain part of society due to perceived religion then it deserves its place in Rangers Chat.

I started this thread to genuinely get information ,I note some of our zealots want to question my very existence on this thread in my thirst for knowledge.

Like others on here I am old enough to remember us singing at them Go home ya Huns.

That I understood, their “neutrality”in WWII the entire east coast of Ireland being used as a lit up marker for the German bombers to navigate to their UK targetsetc.

The ‘belief’ that the same day if ever the Germans invaded UK mainland the Irish Army would enter and attempt to take the 6 counties.

I understood that it was simple,however somewhere and somehow we became the Huns,and as I said ,I thought it was because of our Germanic monarchy.

Nobody has yet been able to say why it is now our “badge” or how it originated .

There are posts about all sorts of things appertaining to them but nothing on what I tried to find out.

I really do wish the hardcore of our fan base would stop this radicalism type behaviour .

Anyone asks ,or says anything that does not meet the hardcore acceptable levels of silent obedience is immediately attacked as some sort of imposter it is a nonsense.

Out of interest, are you actually located in Catalunya?

giphy.gif

You've been shown in countless posts in this very thread where the chant from a football fan perspective originates and where the change in use of the word originates yet you maintain that no one can tell you why its now our 'badge'...thats quite a stretch and also quite odd.

Where did you get the information or rather what was the source that lead you to believe that Rangers fans were Huns because the Royal family are of German decent?

Edited by Big Jaws

Admin. Time to move this thread to the Bluenose lounge... It gives the impression that it is football related but its not its political.

It is fitba related and always will be, they are the huns they know it we know it, we yold them often enoughand of course their hunnery had the clattydome closed during WWII.