I am seriously asking this ,do you take offense at being known as ,or referred to as a Hun?

I had a Twitter ‘spat’ with someone suggesting this is a ‘sectarian insult’ I have to say I have never viewed it as such and always believed it derived from the loyalty shown by many of a Rangers persuasion to the incumbent ones in Buck Palace the Saxe Gotha Coburg / Windsor’s since WWI. ,however most certainly more Germanic than Anglo Saxon or Stuart lineage.

I use the term myself I am quite happy to refer to myself as a bluenose ,or a Hun, just as they are Tims.

I find neither insulting,however as the famous saying goes I am old enough to remember when gay meant happy.

So I genuinely ask do some find this offensive ,or is it just those types of people that like to be offended and victims that take exception to this nom de guerre?

the mhockits are the “huns” and always have and will be for obvious reasons.

we used to chant it at them back in the day, go home ya huns go home.

as with everything they rewrite history to suit,might help if our fans knew our history.

the mhockits are the “huns” and always have and will be for obvious reasons.

we used to chant it at them back in the day, go home ya huns go home.

as with everything they rewrite history to suit,might help if our fans knew our history.

Why are they the Huns ,and so called ?

I thought we were the Huns?

Hun isn't the equivalent of Tim. The F word is closer to it but not quite as some use the F word and a badge of honour whereas there is nothing honourable about the H word. Tarr1er may be an equivalent of it.

Hun is a derogatory term for Protestants. When KAH (kill all huns) was daubed on Belfast walls during the troubles they weren't referring to Rangers fans.

It's clearly sectarian when used against us (Hearts being the mini-huns) and is generally used in a contemptuous manner. I've always thought that the bigots who use it would be laughing at any Rangers fan who used it to describe themselves.

It's highly offensive and I wouldn't allow it to be used in my company.

Edited by Bluedell

Hun isn't the equivalent of Tim. The F word is closer to it but not quite as some use the F word and a badge of honour whereas there is nothing honourable about the H word. ******* may be an equivalent of it.

Hun is a derogatory term for Protestants. When KAH (kill all huns) was daubed on Belfast walls during the troubles they weren't referring to Rangers fans.

It's clearly sectarian when used against us (Hearts being the mini-huns) and is generally used in a contemptuous manner. I've always thought that the bigots who use it would be laughing at any Rangers fan who used it to describe themselves.

Exactly. The highly ironic thing is that somehow Fenian has been widely (forceably?) defines as a religious slur. It doesn’t take much investigation at all to see that the word is seeped in Irish Republicanism, and in fact it was used as a badge of honour. It has nothing to do with religion but politics. But it is used as a stick to beat Rangers fans with.

Whilst Hun is widely associated with derogatory description of Protestants in Ireland (where Celtic fans import a lot of their hatred). It is actually the more religiously loaded slur. But obviously this is a hidden fact in Scotland.

Hun isn't the equivalent of Tim. The F word is closer to it but not quite as some use the F word and a badge of honour whereas there is nothing honourable about the H word. ******* may be an equivalent of it.

Hun is a derogatory term for Protestants. When KAH (kill all huns) was daubed on Belfast walls during the troubles they weren't

You do not give me the origins of this alleged insulting word or why it should be taken as an insult

The Fenian word used for them is easy to find the origin

“a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a 19th-century revolutionary nationalist organization among the Irish in the US and Ireland. The Fenians staged an unsuccessful revolt in Ireland in 1867 and were responsible for isolated revolutionary acts against the British until the early 20th century, when they were gradually eclipsed by the IRA.”

The N word we know derives from the colours Negro in Spanish , Negre in French so it appertaining to colour of skin.

That in itself is not offensive ,it did become corrupted and hence it s now unacceptable to use the N word EXCEPT when those of African American origin talk amongst themselves then it is apparently acceptable.

Therefore I ask again is HUN derived from the Germanic Royal family in UK and our supports allegiance towards said crown?

I think we need to know why it is an insult not just because someone says, well it just is because I say so.

If I am to be so offended I want to know why.

I am seriously asking this ,do you take offense at being known as ,or referred to as a Hun?

I had a Twitter ‘spat’ with someone suggesting this is a ‘sectarian insult’ I have to say I have never viewed it as such and always believed it derived from the loyalty shown by many of a Rangers persuasion to the incumbent ones in Buck Palace the Saxe Gotha Coburg / Windsor’s since WWI. ,however most certainly more Germanic than Anglo Saxon or Stuart lineage.

I use the term myself I am quite happy to refer to myself as a bluenose ,or a Hun, just as they are Tims.

I find neither insulting,however as the famous saying goes I am old enough to remember when gay meant happy.

So I genuinely ask do some find this offensive ,or is it just those types of people that like to be offended and victims that take exception to this nom de guerre?

Utterly pathetic