No not my premise at all, I only assumed as I can think of no other explanation ,nor can anyone else,so therefore it seems my earliest thoughts are confirmed we are to be offended and call it sectarian ,because we’ll just because ,however we do not know why we are offended ,nor whyit is sectarian.

To date and ask why nobody knows why it is sectarian or hy we are offended makes me suspicious or an enemy of the team I have supported my entire life.

Some of the replies to why are we now called Huns has resulted in we must sing Rule Britannia it chases away the SNP

A guy I know ,knows another guy that once saw some graffiti in Belfast saying Huns.

Yet some of you think I am being obtuse

1. You've been informed where the chant originated and why (IFS support of Nazism).

2. You've been informed that the chant was adopted by that faction probably sometime after the Battle of Bogside in 1969 which if you weren't aware is the event that many observers attribute to sparking the troubles of the 70's in N.I.

3. You've been informed that the term is considered sectarian and therefore unlawful by the Law enforcement agencies in N.I.

4. Northern Ireland is a province and territory of the UK therefore if something is considered unlawful and sectarian in nature in N.I. then it must also be considered unlawful and sectarian across the whole state of the UK.

In short you've been informed and given more than enough information to investigate the truth or if you prefer the 'why' of it. What is clear is that your own personal view point is 'heresay' and will likely continue to be due to your refusal to grasp the key points that have been presented to you.

I have nothing further to add on the matter.

Edited by Big Jaws

You can have different opinions about a few things in this article in The Irish Post ...

What does the word ‘hun’ mean and what is its place in today’s society?

... what is important, no matter the actual meaning and intent etc., is also covered in the last sentence:

Like any designation, it depends on who is using it, who it is directed toward and in what context. But if, as appears to be the case, it is causing offence to a large section of society, isn’t it time to relegate it to the past?

I can sure live without naming them Fenians, not least since Scum is - IMHO - more adequate, but I doubt they can live without calling us Huns.