Next months AGM

The question of "how" we raise funds is one thing, but can we trust the Board to sanction the spending of it wisely?

Two failed managerial appointments suggest they are perhaps too trusting in some respects, or lacking judgement.

We all want guys with the club's best interests at the helm, but we shouldn't be blind to their failings. For me, this is most stark in terms of the (still) light Exec Team. I'd say we need a strong FD to complement Andrew Dickson and Stewart Robertson. There's just too much we need to be progressing as a club, and I'm not convinced the catch-all excuses that I've used myself around legal wranglings and previous regimes are the full story any more.

The question of "how" we raise funds is one thing, but can we trust the Board to sanction the spending of it wisely?

Two failed managerial appointments suggest they are perhaps too trusting in some respects, or lacking judgement.

We all want guys with the club's best interests at the helm, but we shouldn't be blind to their failings. For me, this is most stark in terms of the (still) light Exec Team. I'd say we need a strong FD to complement Andrew Dickson and Stewart Robertson. There's just too much we need to be progressing as a club, and I'm not convinced the catch-all excuses that I've used myself around legal wranglings and previous regimes are the full story any more.

The appointment of management/coaching staff, is like the recruitment of players, largely a judgement call. I don't know how even a top notch Accountant/FD would

make a difference.

I had supposed that the appointment of a D of F would help mitigate the risks, but that remains to be seen.

The appointment of management/coaching staff, is like the recruitment of players, largely a judgement call. I don't know how even a top notch Accountant/FD would

make a difference.

I had supposed that the appointment of a D of F would help mitigate the risks, but that remains to be seen.

I say an FD in terms of complementing the existing team.

Completely agree regarding the appointment of a manager. There is no magic formula or set of rules - we need to make sure those who's judgement is the most reliable to be making the decisions and hope they get it right more often than not.

But we also need to make sure that we have the right management team in place and as I say, I think we're a bit light at senior level.

Edited by stewarty

I heard they are bringing in Charles Green as a financial advisor.:D

First dibs on what?

I think he might be alluding to the fact that if the board first swap loans for shares, then they will increase their holding, and so if there is a subsequent share issue based on how many shares you have, the board can increase proportionately to keep the same level of share ownership.

The fact that this seems a benevolent board, especially compared to the previous one, and that none of them individually have over 30%, I don't really see it as a problem. It seems to me that they put the work in and the cash, so fair enough.

also it is unknown for any sort of issue rights or otherwise to be facilitated while a concert party situation is unresolved.

the CoS ruling can’t come quick enough for a trandpatent future.

It's a pretty unique situation (unaware of any similar case providing a comparison) we're facing but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it, more an irritation than anything else.

It's a pretty unique situation (unaware of any similar case providing a comparison) we're facing but I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it, more an irritation than anything else.

It's the first time a Takeover Panel ruling has been brought to court. That in itself is very strange

My guess is King and the 3 bears will be told to sell 4% of their shares

I say an FD in terms of complementing the existing team.

Completely agree regarding the appointment of a manager. There is no magic formula or set of rules - we need to make sure those who's judgement is the most reliable to be making the decisions and hope they get it right more often than not.

But we also need to make sure that we have the right management team in place and as I say, I think we're a bit light at senior level.

Won't go down to well with some on here but there's plenty accountants on the Board as it is (off the top of my head I can think of at least 4) :ninja:

Could be done with a few more businessmen and at least one heavyweight politician though.