Rangers fans brand Aberdeen fan forum members “dregs of society”

to be quite honest...someone holding up a Union flag is more offensive to me....

Separation, Independence etc or not, it's irrelevant.....both Rangers & Partick Thistle are SCOTTISH clubs, as such no-one should be reprimanded or punished for waving a Scottish flag. As for the Catalan flag....same as a Tri-colour....it has no place in a Scottish football ground (Though I do support the Catalan cause....)

(give me a minute while I put on my tin hat....;) )

Edited by Darthter

It was a Saltire with Yes written across it. So it represents 45% of Scotland, rather than Scotland.

And you can't wave a Union Jack at Ibrox as Ibrox isn't a boat. It's the Union Flag you'd be waving.

I love a bit of banter at the football and welcome it from opposition fans. When I go to Ibrox, I'm usually in GF2 and often enjoy the wind-ups with opposition fans.

Maybe I’m naive but I don’t consider bringing a UJ to a Rangers game as winding up Time and others.

I did say many and I know it's not all. It's not really a bad thing per se for me, but I'm trying to be consistent. For me, what is really bad how offended the Tims are by the flag.

I see it as homage to our history. We are Scottish AND British. For example, when a prominent journalist called us the “quintessentially British club” I took that as an honor we were being applauded as being true to our roots.

I think a lot of so called Rangers history is, unfortunately, purely a reaction to the plastic paddy, Irish republican, IRA supporting, Catholic, anti-British, anti monarchy of the other side of Glasgow. A lot of Rangers fans seem to define themselves by being as opposite as they can: staunch British, royalist, supporter of the Orange Order and maybe the UDA, proddy, pope hater, and unionist.

But in the end you are hijacking a flag as yours and only yours, and therefore alienating supporters of other clubs to it (whichever flag you use). And that's just not very unifying for a unionist.

And you can't wave a Union Jack at Ibrox as Ibrox isn't a boat. It's the Union Flag you'd be waving.

Wouldn't that be Ibrox Stadium rather than Ibrox? You must get really pedantic when people use the terms, "Gers", "Teddy Bears", "Light Blues", "Glasgow Rangers", "Queens eleven" etc, instead of "Rangers Football Club".

Amazing that someone would argue against the most common term used by British people for their national flag. It would be very British to call it that even if it wasn't official, which it is.

Have a look here:

https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/the-union-jack-or-the-union-flag/

Or how about here:

http://www.know-britain.com/general/union_jack.html

:uk:

Thing is, I knew someone would bring this up. :rolleyes: