Club Statement

A strange turn of phrase. You mean like the Primark Pedro that the unwashed kept going on about ?

What has borrowing money got to do with a new manager ? Are you saying that because we "can't afford" McInnes we're going to bring in some other dumpling just because he's cheap ? Don't you think the board need time to reflect following the last two mistakes ?

The problem is that, in the absence of something solid, folk fill the gap with their own speculation. Unsurprisingly, most of that will be complete mince. But, without getting caught up in agendas, the lack of an apparent direction is slightly concerning.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

IMO the statement doesn't make much sense.

I don't have much of an issue waiting to find the right man but why on earth would we be still waiting for more applications. How long does it take to send an email nowadays?

It's all well and good filling any vacuum with succinct information but this statement only adds to the speculation instead of removing it. Once again, more questions than answers when it comes to our PR.

Hey-ho - enjoy your weekend folks!

IMO the statement doesn't make much sense.

I don't have much of an issue waiting to find the right man but why on earth would we be still waiting for more applications. How long does it take to send an email nowadays?

It's all well and good filling any vacuum with succinct information but this statement only adds to the speculation instead of removing it. Once again, more questions than answers when it comes to our PR.

Hey-ho - enjoy your weekend folks!

Well, they do not want to wait, but "they are expecting more by the end of next week". It could well be that this or that high calibre man has indicated - via mail et al - that he'd be interested and that he may need to clarify things first, before sending his application. Like checking out his current employers? Which might be the case with e.g. Potter or van Bronckhorst? Just saying. For some this may be rather simple, not least when in their own mind a potential man like McInnes is the only choice that makes sense, but out there in the world of a Rangers board, money man and managers, things take on a different dimension.

IMHO, the statement was put out as some sort of rebuff of the recent rather pointless debate on Clyde's Super-Scoreboard, saying that we are unsettling McInnes and thus creating a naughty atmosphere in Sheepland, while others claiming that McInnes is all but done. Thus, statements like these call the latter liars and the former malcontents, since Rangers have not spoken about McInnes thus far (but the media has), nor have they talked to him or his or his club. So how's that unsettling? By staying quiet, these rumours and scare-mongering might have harmed the image of the club.

BTW, you just love these apparently ITK-guys who can't help themselves in reiterating that we are skint or King has no money. You would have thought that these rumblings are reserved for those of a more hooped inclination, but there you go. I'm not exactly saying that I am in the know that we are NOT skint, but you have to have a certain questionable way of interpreting the data and facts that come out of the club to come to the conclusion that we are.

Agreed der Berliner. Amazing the amount of online 'Bears' who swallow the Timmy line hook and sinker.

Never criticise Rangers unless it's constructive (I realise that is subjective).

The anti-King "we have no money' line, even if it were true, just don't perpetuate it.

A strange turn of phrase. You mean like the Primark Pedro that the unwashed kept going on about ?

What has borrowing money got to do with a new manager ? Are you saying that because we "can't afford" McInnes we're going to bring in some other dumpling just because he's cheap ? Don't you think the board need time to reflect following the last two mistakes ?

Suspect poster at best is 917

Suspect poster at best is 917

If it is a money thing then it is just that McInnes is not worth paying 1.5 million or even 800.000 pounds for. I honestly don't believe that the Rangers board has been sitting on their hands the last 2 weeks. I do think Rangers have pulsed Aberdeen but have now given up on any deal being done. Nothing to do with not having money but just that McInnes is not worth that much against other candidates we can get for nothing. We will see what the next few weeks throw up.