Ruth Gilfillan was booted down three ranks over Rangers 'banter' claim

The SNP have ramped up division and as a result many previously quiet Unionists are now a bit more forthright about it. I know fans of a few clubs, rugby fans and people not interested in sport now far more vociferously Unionist than they were 5-10 years ago.

Of course, the same goes for the other side as well.

But back to Rangers fans - I still don't think we have a party that really represents most of us here in Scotland. NI Bears have DUP.

The majority of Bears are working class Unionists. In reality, no party truly represents us...not since Labour were infiltrated by RCs.

That's just my opinion.

It is indeed just your opinion.

For a start there is no 'us'. We're not homogenous, we come from a myriad of backgrounds, beliefs and experiences. Wearing a Rangers scarf only tells you what football team I support. It gives you no insight into my religious, political, social or cultural beliefs.

Frankie ran a poll on here at the time of the referendum and, surprise surprise, it showed 'us' to be largely inline with the rest of the country when it came to voting intentions.

There are reasons why politics in the West of Scotland seems to have such a Roman Catholic dominance, and they are worth exploring and understanding. It's also worth exploring why so many working class people have become disenfranchised by politics and never vote.

It is indeed just your opinion.

For a start there is no 'us'. We're not homogenous, we come from a myriad of backgrounds, beliefs and experiences. Wearing a Rangers scarf only tells you what football team I support. It gives you no insight into my religious, political, social or cultural beliefs.

Frankie ran a poll on here at the time of the referendum and, surprise surprise, it showed 'us' to be largely inline with the rest of the country when it came to voting intentions.

There are reasons why politics in the West of Scotland seems to have such a Roman Catholic dominance, and they are worth exploring and understanding. It's also worth exploring why so many working class people have become disenfranchised by politics and never vote.

That is a big point. Glasgow is known to have mostly the lowest turnout of voters in the UK with mostly only a turnout of around 50%. That obviously makes it easier to get a high Catholic vote.

The name Glasgow also has something to do with it. It means the Green Hollow.:eek2:

Thats it it is just the Rangers from now on I am dropping the Glasgow part that I was so proud of.:D.

Do you think that this is part behind the reason of the rise of the conservatives in Scotland?

Nope....The "rise" of Tories in Scotland is due to the complete collapse of Labour.

Until recently, Scotland (as a country) was a solid Labour strong hold - no other party got a look in. This is mainly due to our working/industrial background - mining, ship building, steel works to name a few. The Labour party represented those people. Then the Tories started closing down the industry, and Labour's numbers started declining (but in small numbers). Then Labour just went into complete melt down & no longer represented the needs of the workers. As a result, voters looked else where.

Have no time for religion and even less for politics.

My support of Rangers is influenced by neither.

I find both religion and politics very interesting. Although I'm Agnostic and struggle to vote, as I find all our parties rather unpleasant.

I also love a good sing song at the football and I'm glad Rangers isn't just any old football club. Be boring if we were all the same though.

The fear of independence is on many people's radar in Scotland.

Fear of independence is different from unionism, for example you can fear losing your job but not be passionate about it or even like it. And I think if you could take all the fear from independence by guaranteeing it would be successful in all areas (impossible I know), the lack of unionism would become apparent - like offering someone a safe, permanent job they like on equal pay in the same building.

A lot of staying in the UK was not the carrot but the stick and the No campaign was mostly based on exploiting that.

However, I don't really get the impression of fear, more of tediousness as well as more an opposition to big changes with lots of unknowns, and I think when it comes down to putting your cross on the ballot, many more were against Brexit but are now having to deal with it without wanting to be distracted by independence too.

Fear of independence is different from unionism, for example you can fear losing your job but not be passionate about it or even like it.

It would still be on your radar, and being pro-union and anti-independence is pretty much the same thing in many people's books....unless you want to nit pick.

The rest of your post is not relevant to the point I was making.