[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

Except he isn’t stealing an advantage, he’s just guessing and hoping he’s right

What is football it is all about guessing anticipation and taking chances. A striker guesses and takes a chance when running to the front or back post. Guessing gives a keeper mostly a 50% chance he is right. Sometimes 33% if you take going down the middle. When you take it that penalty takers habits are well studied before the time then those odds could be vastly improved. Did you see the Liverpool free-kick yesterday? They had studied that the wall always jumped so they took a chance and hit a daisy cutter and the wall jumped nicely over the ball leaving the keeper stranded. Anyway I will leave it at that because I guess you won't give in until you say we will have to agree to disagree.:D

Serious foul play, I guess. There's no mention of intent on the rules. Play can be dangerous without it being intentional.

If it was Scott Brown doing the tackle and it led to one of our players being taken off injured would you say it wasn't a red card?

No but the ref would.

Keepers can move at penalties as long as its side ways

Ouch! :)

I will admit I didn't know that either, I guess that rule has changed recently then. It was for a while they used to jump forward to narrow the angle.

RED ALERT Aberdeen striker Stevie May hurt HIMSELF by pulling out of 50/50 against Rangers star Ryan Jack says Bill Leckie

The Gers midfielder was unlucky to see red as Graeme Murty's side were still able to leave Pittodrie with all three points

Comment

By Bill Leckie

3rd December 2017, 8:20 pm

YOU pull out of a tackle, you’re going to get hurt.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/1923622/aberdeen-rangers-stevie-may-ryan-jack-red-card-bill-leckie/

Surprise surprise a journo taking a Rangers players side. To be honest Andy Walker also said it wasn't red.