Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

...and many of the songs sung at every Rangers match are of a religious, cultural and political nature. Which renders claims that politics is irrelevant a wee bit daft.

but....I would guess that a fairly high percentage of those singing those songs, have absolutely no idea of the meaning behind them.

but....I would guess that a fairly high percentage of those singing those songs, have absolutely no idea of the meaning behind them.

Not uncommon I expect. I would wager a very large proportion of the grunts waving Palestinian flags at the piggery couldn't even pick out it's rough location on a map far less tell you anything about it.

...and many of the songs sung at every Rangers match are of a religious, cultural and political nature. Which renders claims that politics is irrelevant a wee bit daft.

Yes, but they shouldn't be. They've got nothing to do with Rangers.

I think the vast majority will know the songs are about Ulster and Britain. Union Jacks, Ulster, Rule Britannia and the like are mentioned often enough for even a very dimwitted chap to have a vague understanding of the subject matter.

I'm glad I was born under a Union Jack anyway. The banners the UB displayed in September 2014 (Vote NO) also made me smile.

so...as a paid up member of the SNP & ardent supporter of an Independent Scotland, am I not allowed to support Rangers???

What hard/factual evidence is there that the SNP (the group, not an individual) are actively trying to damage Rangers FC???

Steady now, or you'll have us in tears or guilt and remorse. Well, maybe not.

Seriously, you don't need anyone's permission to make poor decisions, however ardent, only a willingness to take responsibility for your mistakes. :laugh2:

Yes, but they shouldn't be. They've got nothing to do with Rangers.

Or maybe they've got nothing to do with your Rangers ... because they have a great deal to do with my Rangers.

Or maybe they've got nothing to do with your Rangers ... because they have a great deal to do with my Rangers.

As I said, such a large support will have differing political views. We both support the same Rangers. You choose to associate it with certain political views. I don't. It's that simple.

I agree. I love a good sing song at a match. Nothing like belting out Derry's Walls when we've just equalised.

The only people who these songs have meaning for are the fans,I doubt that many of the first team squad will have knowledge of them.

Many of the songs are tuneful and if they did not have the add-ons of things like FTP,God save the Queen etc.they could be more enjoyable.

It is brilliant when you hear the likes of Penny Arcade,Simply the best,Blue Blue Grass etc.,without the references to UDA and the like.