The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

41 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Chris Cadden is a winger is he not?

Does anyone know if the Ross County right back Jason Naismith is any good? I've only seen clips from highlights but he seems a good prospect. Having said that St Mirren let him go so can't be as good as he looks from those clips.

He can play anywhere on the right hand side or even in centre midfield.

'Well supporting mate at work reckons his best position is right back though.

Craig Levein telling BBC Scotland (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42747012)  that Hearts have used the transfer of Jamie Walker to finance the deal for Naismith. Also that they will not be able to afford to keep him after the 6 month loan deal. I thought he was going to play for nothing? Doesn't seem a good deal selling one of your best young talents to finance a deal for a guy who may spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Tavs on his way ?........https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/blogs/scottish-premier-league/tavernier-heading-for-the-exit/

James Tavernier is heading for the Rangers exit door after rejecting the chance to hold new contract talks with the club, according to Football Insider.

The football news site claim that Ibrox chiefs want to tie the right-back down to a new deal to replace his current agreement, which expires in the summer of 2019.

Football Insider re

It's apparently bullshit and he wants to extend his contract.

21 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:
2 hours ago, colinstein said:
Tavs on his way ?........https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/01/blogs/scottish-premier-league/tavernier-heading-for-the-exit/

James Tavernier is heading for the Rangers exit door after rejecting the chance to hold new contract talks with the club, according to Football Insider.

The football news site claim that Ibrox chiefs want to tie the right-back down to a new deal to replace his current agreement, which expires in the summer of 2019.

Football Insider re

It's apparently bullshit and he wants to extend his contract.

I hope so!

If nothing else, it shores up his value so that anyone coming in for him has to pay full price

Edited by stewarty

1 hour ago, les186 said:

Craig Levein telling BBC Scotland (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42747012)  that Hearts have used the transfer of Jamie Walker to finance the deal for Naismith. Also that they will not be able to afford to keep him after the 6 month loan deal. I thought he was going to play for nothing? Doesn't seem a good deal selling one of your best young talents to finance a deal for a guy who may spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

I'd personally like to Naismith back, a future Kenny Miller figure in the dressing room, and a better player too. It could be Rangers wanted to see how he got on at Hearts for 6 months before deciding. After all, there's no harm in first letting him prove he can keep injury free and get match practice for 6 months, whilst at the same time giving Neil Lennon a headache :) gives us time to slim down the squad and make some room for him too. I know some will disagree but he's an excellent goalscorer, very few midfielders score as many as him.

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'd personally like to Naismith back, a future Kenny Miller figure in the dressing room, and a better player too. It could be Rangers wanted to see how he got on at Hearts for 6 months before deciding. After all, there's no harm in first letting him prove he can keep injury free and get match practice for 6 months, whilst at the same time giving Neil Lennon a headache :) gives us time to slim down the squad and make some room for him too. I know some will disagree but he's an excellent goalscorer, very few midfielders score as many as him.

I'm not so sure. He's more of a forward than a midfielder and barely gets more than 10 goals in a season; which is not spectacular.

Nothing wrong in seeing how he does at Hearts, and nipping in if he does well. 

The campaign (and I'm confident there has been one) to punt Dembele has backfired. Not one English or European based outlet has ever printed a story about interest in Dembele that they haven't parroted from a Scottish publication and I'm sure the mockery and derision our fans on social media have engaged in has at least sewn some serious doubt in minds of those down south who had even considered it. 

I can see him seeing out his contract and bounce form one bout of injury to another before going to *insert Championship or bottom 6 EPL club here* on a Bosman.   

3 hours ago, stewarty said:

Given our recent signings (Declan, Sean, etc), I think an O'Hara and O'Halleron combination up the right flank might be just too much for some fans... 

Yes I put up a team a few weeks ago.

Liam Kelly

James Tavernier Aiden Wilson Daniel Wilson Declan John

Michael O'Halloran Sean Goss Greg docherty Jamie Murphy

Daniel Candeias Liam Burt

My late uncles would be rolling in their graves.:D

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Yes I put up a team a few weeks ago.

Liam Kelly

James Tavernier Aiden Wilson Daniel Wilson Declan John

Michael O'Halloran Sean Goss Greg docherty Jamie Murphy

Daniel Candeias Liam Burt