The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I realise you were quoting someone else's words and this is a complete digression but does anyone know what IS being done to bring the stadium out of its years of disrepair?

Permission has been granted for works to be undertaken o the roofs of all 4 stands I believe.

mainstand in the club deck is like standing under the shower in some places.

could be more works being done too that don’t require planning permissions.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers star Alfredo Morelos being targeted by Bristol City as they push for promotion to Premier League

Robins manager Lee Robinson is considering making a move for the Colombian striker this month but Graeme Murty will be reluctant to lose Morelos.

BRISTOL CITY have targeted Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for their promotion push.

SunSport understands Robins boss Lee Johnson is considering a bid for the Colombian this month.

However, Ibrox coach Graeme Murty has been impressed by Morelos since taking over the hotseat and won’t be keen to lose him.

The 21-year-old tops the Premiership scoring charts with ten goals following his £1million move from Finnish club HJK last summer.

Rangers would be looking to at least double that figure if they sold Morelos.

But ambitious City have money to spend as they chase a Championship play-off place and a spot in England’s top flight.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2120406/rangers-alfredo-morelos-target-bristol-city/

At least double ???  More like at least 5 fold... especially if talking dembele dollars.

Ridiculous how our players are under-valued by the rags whilst the Tim players are grossly over-valued !

1 minute ago, craig said:

At least double ???  More like at least 5 fold... especially if talking dembele dollars.

Ridiculous how our players are under-valued by the rags whilst the Tim players are grossly over-valued !

The lives of football fans are undervalued by that rag.  

16 hours ago, craig said:

Holy smokes. You put dB's positivity to shame and make him look like the most negative person on the forum (which he isn't by miles).

That aside, the above just simply isn't true.  Or at least some of it.

Murphy hasn't proven anything at Rangers as yet so to say he is better than Sinclair is silly at this point.  Likewise with Martin and Cummings (indeed, this one shows just how biased you are.... Griffiths has scored regularly for Celtic, has scored for Scotland too - Cummings hasn't, as yet, played any meaningful minutes in the top flight in any country and has scored once for Notts Forest - and yet you have labelled him better than Griffiths).  And that is just a couple.

As dB says below, talk about blue-tinted glasses.

Also, for the record and seeing as you seem to be new to the forum - this forum is one of decency and respect so can you, unless you actually have proof, refrain from calling people retards or mongoloids.  Can you also refrain from the use of words such as taig.  Politically correct we may be, but that is how we run the forum.

What I said may not be true to Craig, just as what Craig says may not, as in this case, be true to me.

Secondly, Selmy made statements about the quality of Rangers players compared to Savco which were extremely negative about those Rangers' players. I strongly disagreed with them and, as a Rangers supporter, I defend Rangers players whether it's you or Selmy criticizing them, and I will do it, as I did, respectfully without resorting to personal abuse.

Since you brought up the topic of tinted specs, your post shows, like the Savco Scottish media and Selmy, a distinct shade of green.

To base your argument that those new Rangers' players are inferior to Savco players because they haven't played for Rangers is absolute rubbish. 

My assessments of the new Rangers players was based on what I have seen them do on the park. You, on the other hand, argue that they are inferior to the Savco players simply because they haven't actually played for Rangers yet -  by your argument, if we signed Messi he'd be not as good as Sinclair because he hasn't played for us yet - ludicrous logic!

Making the argument that Griffiths is superior to Cummings because he has a Scotland cap is also nonsense for the simple reason that for years now Savco players have not been selected on merit but because Savco control the SFA, and their ex-manager controlled selection.

Considering that I hold personal abuse of members on forums, abuse of Rangers players and racism reprehensible, I resent your insinuation that I have been indecent and disrespectful. As far as Griffiths goes, he has exhibited acts of insanity  - such as tying a Savco scarf on a Rangers goalpost during an Old Firm game at Ibrox - which could have led to a riot and serious injury or even death, as proof of retardation. In the sixties, he would have been dead for doing that at Ibrox. Griffith's acts, comments, and his personal life are clear proofs of, using the politically correct term - the mentally challenged. 

Disagreement on forums is status quo and I look forward to the battles but when an administrator wrongly accuses a member of being disrespectful and insinuates he is indecent, as you have, then it's a clear abuse of power which, if unchecked, is a place I've no interest in.   

Edited by baxterboy

7 hours ago, craig said:

From twitter

I can tell you right now that this is very poor journalism. As the Bristol City senior scout in Scotland there is absolutely no chance of Bristol being interested in Morelos.

Paper doesn't even get the Bristol Manager right, Lee Johnson.

Edited by chilledbear

3 hours ago, baxterboy said:

As far as Griffiths goes, he has exhibited acts of insanity  - such as tying a Savco scarf on a Rangers goalpost during an Old Firm game at Ibrox - which could have led to a riot and serious injury or even death.

That's called a wind up.  Was Souness planting the flag in the centre circle, in Turkey, an act of insanity?  

I hate Griffiths and he's a wee ned but suggesting he's insane or a retard is pushing it a bit.

10 hours ago, craig said:

Permission has been granted for works to be undertaken o the roofs of all 4 stands I believe.

mainstand in the club deck is like standing under the shower in some places.

could be more works being done too that don’t require planning permissions.

Last time I was up in the Club Deck there were buckets collecting the water coming through the roof. It was depressing to say the least.