The PQ Bat Phone.

BBC Scotland's coverage of Rangers and their fortnightly opponents these last three years has been the proverbial Curate's Egg. Yesterday, the frequency crackled with the word, 'concomitant'. Apparently, it's hilarious and Stuart Cosgrove wanted to both eulogise and lionise the author of the Dandy Dons' banner on display at Dens. Admittedly, I have no knowledge of the word and a rush to the Dictionary did not help. My vocabulary is deficient. I suspect Rangers supporters and Rangers haters are increasingly separated by the same language?

Craig Paterson began this season's unique coverage of Ibrox from PQ, then Steven Thomson , and the last few games has seen Chic Young watch RTV on the telly. We are given the teams, goals updates, the result. Yesterday, Chico confirmed the strong whiff of the Emperor has no clothes by using the word, 'concomitant' for his first time, whilst Big Dick sneered. We are blessed with an addendum under Chic's charge, the opposition manager is invited to provide a post-match interview with the AmDram Quine. The Acas Martin Canning was first after his team's much deserved victory. Next up was Derek McInnes; however, we were informed Derek was unavailable due to berating his players after succumbing three zip. Owen Coyle did not disappoint, Big Dick was still forming his first question when Coyle intervened with, "we feel aggrieved". Apparently, in the final seconds Ross County were denied a stonewall penalty. Big Dick offered empathy. Next Saturday, Tommy Wright will have access to the PQ Bat Phone.

You see, it's Rangers fault. Whatever Rangers say or do, it's Rangers fault. Now, Traynor's statement during midweek was Rangers fault. The Board signed off on it, and responsibility for it's glaring contradictions should be accepted. Traynor's contract should be scrapped and our Director of Football should be made aware of his parameters. Our Board should look in the mirror and reflect on what they see. Are they strong enough to carry the Rangers torch?

There are quite a number of issues over the last two decades that are not Rangers fault. Chris McLaughlin started the current spat, he began his match report after Rangers thumping 2-6 victory at Easter Road in the Petrofac Cup with, "Four Rangers supporters are subject to police reports for alleged sectarian chanting ....". Chris was engaged by a number of Bears on social media, he explained he always contacts the Match Commander for comment before reporting. Several weeks later at Pittodrie, the usual IRA songfest ensues but Chric concentrated on a comfortable win for his favourites. He was engaged again and reminded of his post match conversations with the Match Commander. Chris acknowledged, "I have spoken to the Match Commander and there are no issues". The next morning, the Press and Journal quoted the Match Commander on the six Sellik supporters arrested for alleged sectarian chanting. Chris had his press credentials withdrawn because of naked subjectivity. He can still attend Ibrox but has to pay to enter.

This is the principle that Beeb Scotland choose to base their self imposed exiles. BBC Scotland travels with all the contaminant hatred of Rangers.

Pointing out BBC Scotland's flaws and institutional bias gets boring after a while and it certainly doesn't make any difference to the situation.

The first thing the board have to do is admit to themselves that they've made a dogs dinner of managing communications and media relations....Then they have to look to change things with a view to improvement.

Will it change ?....I have my doubts that any lessons are even being considered amongst the turmoil.

--------------

That statement was akin to supplying journalists and comedians with a request to 'get stuck in' #OG

Not to mention other potential implications.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with use of the word 'concomitant'.

English is a rich, varied language, and we should both celebrate and use it.

We do ourselves, and others, a signal disservice by restricting our vocabulary to that of the tabloid press, and it would, seem, that of BBC Scotland.

Oh tempora! Oh mores!

I regard Pacific Quay's Sports Section as a rather bizarre burlesque show, little more, whose output is determined by a cosy , self regarding, self limited, and totally subjective world view, which sacrifices principle and scruple for licence to found upon resentment, bigotry, and particular hostility.

Lord Reith would be pleased.

Edited by Uilleam

Personally, I see nothing wrong with use of the word 'concomitant'.

English is a rich, varied language, and we should both celebrate and use it.

We do ourselves, and others, a signal disservice by restricting our vocabulary to that of the tabloid press, and it would, seem, that of BBC Scotland.

Oh tempora! Oh mores!

I regard Pacific Quay's Sports Section as a rather bizarre burlesque show, little more, whose output is determined by a cosy , self regarding, self limited, and totally subjective world view, which sacrifices principle and scruple for licence to found upon resentment, bigotry, and particular hostility.

Lord Reith would be pleased.

'Concomitant' wasn't by itself a big deal.

However, it became a convenient point of reference for a very poor statement which presented the world with a metaphorical game of shooty-in.

The use of the word 'concomitant' produced criticism across the spectrum, from the jakies to the flakies.

Why anyone, other than a rabid dhim, or a rampant inverted snob (far from mutually exclusive categories, granted), would wish to draw attention to his lack of literacy is beyond me.

The statement itself was not, perhaps, measured, was not, certainly, an example of dignified silence. Its clangour indicated, to me, a high degree of frustration, indeed, anger, I presumed on the part of David King, the assumed sponsor of the McInnes move. To that extent, it presented, foolishly, and avoidably, an open door to the swine of social and other media; and that is, generally, something to avoid.

The one redeeming aspect of the ongoing chaos is that, many years from now, it is the comparison with the current shambles that will confirm when Rangers is again a well-run and self-confident club.

The one redeeming aspect of the ongoing chaos is that, many years from now, it is the comparison with the current shambles that will confirm when Rangers is again a well-run and self-confident club.

Perhaps we will refer to this period as 'The Emergency'; perhaps we should do so now.