Bill Leckie Article in Yesterday's Sun

A mate just showed me this article, which stems from the situation with McInnes last week. I think the headline is something about "Spiteful Statement". In it, Leckie mentions "religious apartheid" and "Castle Greyskull", as well as other such nonsense. The article could be a post from Kerrydale Street, the way it's written and the jargon used.

I hate The Sun newspaper with a passion. I really hope someone from the club has a word with them about this. Extremely petty and a poor excuse for journalism.

Has anyone told Leckie that Castle Greyskull was the home of the good guys in He-Man or is he just another bitter Rangers-hater with no interest in actual facts?

Edited by Gonzo79

Terrible journalism by Bill Leckie here, his use of emotive language underlines his hatred of all things Rangers.

In saying that there seems to be an orchestrated effort to blacken the Rangers brand of late, buzz words such as "shambles", "chaos", "rudderless", "classless" are just some of the words being used on a daily basis.

I said it on another forum - this is another open goal for Rangers to pursue.

Imagine that a “journalist” had referred to Celtic Park as “the Piggery”? The hatred of our club doesn’t even need to be partly hidden anymore - it is just all out clear contempt and we just sit back and take it.

Is there any other football club in the UK which is openly referred to in such derogatory terms by national newspapers in print?

I said it on another forum - this is another open goal for Rangers to pursue.

Imagine that a “journalist” had referred to Celtic Park as “the Piggery”? The hatred of our club doesn’t even need to be partly hidden anymore - it is just all out clear contempt and we just sit back and take it.

Is there any other football club in the UK which is openly referred to in such derogatory terms by national newspapers in print?

I certainly haven't seen anything quite so blatantly disparaging about another club by a well-known journalist. It's childish at best.

Why have a go at the current board with the "religious apartheid" comment too. Apart from the factual inaccuracies, our most famous RC signing occurred nearly 30 years ago when the club was under entirely different stewardship.

Did a Rangers fan steal Leckie's one true love or something?

I had the misfortune to read - via a c + p online, I may add- this piece of garbage by that piece of garbage.

It is quite extraordinary to see such a bitter diatribe on the pages of any national print furth of Pyongyang.

I can conclude merely that this resentful little mind is working a notice period and endeavouring to tee up a position at Rasellik View, or at Pacific Quay, where such rancour will be

welcomed, no matter the poverty of its expression.

Does anyone know why the tims call Ibrox castle Greyskull. Thereis a discussion on FF that it is to do with the 66 killed in the disaster. I have never heard that thought it was just a joke name the tims got wrong.