Pacific Quay Musings?

56 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I suspect hes telling the truth. I also suspect he went out looking to incite trouble.

If he is telling the truth arrests will happen soon.

We are still waiting on arrests for the attacks/assaults on two young Rangers fans, bottled! so it would be strange if there are any arrests? not to mention the wanks who hung effigies at the piggery! who knows?

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

I suspect hes telling the truth. I also suspect he went out looking to incite trouble.

If it did happen the only reason he was out there was he knew some idiot would do something stupid. As for marching being good for Scotland, I think the usual suspects will find that its protected under human rights.

I would love nothing better than the SNP were publicly shown to be infringing on human rights and marginalising a culture.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Don’t forget there are witnesses(allegedly) . Have plod Scotland spoken to these ‘elderly parishioners ‘ yet ? 

I smell a rhat here

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

If it did happen the only reason he was out there was he knew some idiot would do something stupid. As for marching being good for Scotland, I think the usual suspects will find that its protected under human rights.

I would love nothing better than the SNP were publicly shown to be infringing on human rights and marginalising a culture.

Will anti-British/English marches get banned ? Think we know the answer to that one

We are still waiting on arrests for the attacks/assaults on two young Rangers fans, bottled! so it would be strange if there are any arrests? not to mention the wanks who hung effigies at the piggery! who knows?
Yeah but this is a catholic victim

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t forget there are witnesses(allegedly) . Have plod Scotland spoken to these ‘elderly parishioners ‘ yet ? 

I smell a rhat here

I wasn’t there.I don’t know anyone who was there. Nevertheless I’ll go out on a limb and say this was a carefully choreographed performance of the Kafflick Victimhood Society. Why? Because history shows it almost always is.

I’ve just read the Monday DR account of how this occurred at 4.20pm on Saturday after Canon White & elderly parishioners ‘celebrated’ mass & were confronted by individuals who spat on the Canon and attacked him with a pole or baton but were fended off by his parishioners.

Sorry not buying this. If this incident as as described then it is potentially a serious assault & plod Scotland should be all over this by now. They don’t seem to be. Why is that ?

And do they normally have mass on a Saturday afternoon? Does anyone  remember seeing this canon & his congregation hanging around a church as an orange walk was going past ?

This whole story simply doesn’t add up

Edited by RANGERRAB

It would appear that the OO is ready to stand witness to the alleged incident ...

https://orangeorderscotland.com/2018/07/09/updated-statement-from-the-grand-orange-lodge-of-scotland-regarding-st-alphonsus-church/

Statement by Jim McHarg, Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland,

“I, like so many others, was appalled to hear the reports of the incident that happened outside St Alphonsus Church in Glasgow on Saturday.  Verbal abuse is in itself unacceptable, but allegations of spitting is vile and disgusting, and we hope those involved are brought to justice.  Whilst I am assured that no members of the parade were involved in any of the incidents, we understand that it was carried out by a small group of young men who turned up to watch the parade go past.

“The Orange Order is founded on the principal of religious liberty for all.  This includes the right of other faiths to celebrate their own heritage and history, just as we celebrate ours.  Unfortunately, there are a small number of people in society who seem unwilling to accept this tolerant approach.  Indeed, many of them allude to beliefs and sing songs about a time in the past which they probably know very little about or fail to understand completely.  I have only one message for them, you are not welcome at any of our parades!

“I have today asked our Executive Officer to call Canon White to express our sadness at what he had to endure.  We have also written to the Archdiocese.  We have contacted the Police to offer our full support in their investigations.  A number of members of the parade witnessed the incident on Saturday, and senior members intervened at the time to stand up for Canon White.  Those members will be key witnesses for the Police and stand ready to assist.

“Whilst it may be said that the Orange Order has different opinions to the Roman Catholic Church, I have no hesitation in stating that today we stand with Canon White in saying that this sort of behaviour has no place in society.”

Of course it still remains to be seen just  where the allegencies of the alleged nerds belong to.

Edited by barca72