Pacific Quay Musings?

It's a long time since I heard Mr English criticise rahoops. Of course, I am not a dedicated listener, tuning in occasionally, and mostly when in the kitchen, so, perhaps, I have missed his recent barbs. 

I am far from advocating WS as National Team Manager, although I am at a loss to identify possible candidates. What irritated me was the shallow, unbalanced attack on his qualities and qualifications for the post. That kind of 'journalism', which neither informs, nor even entertains, is something I have come to expect from Pacific Quay.

Sad, as someone famous might quip; but, in this instance true, a quality that the famous twitterer and BBC Scotland seem to hold merely as contingent and relative. That is sad, too.

Just had a very interesting email from a reporter at BBC Newcastle asking me to apologise after a blind Hibs fan claimed to her that he'd been verbally abused and spat on (for the second time) at Ibrox on Saturday.

As well as giving said reporter some information on the location of the away Hibs support and associated segregations, I politely declined to comment on what seems to be an unverified claim.

Didn't the Hibs fans claim there were objects raining down on them during one of the matches at Ibrox in the Championship.

They take their penchant for fabrication from their big cousins in Glasgow seemingly.  

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Just had a very interesting email from a reporter at BBC Newcastle asking me to apologise after a blind Hibs fan claimed to her that he'd been verbally abused and spat on (for the second time) at Ibrox on Saturday.

As well as giving said reporter some information on the location of the away Hibs support and associated segregations, I politely declined to comment on what seems to be an unverified claim.

daft question but why is a BBC reporter emailing you about it and not the club?

A Motherwell supporting chum at work has just said there was a Hibs fan from County Durham who used to phone Real Radio regularly claiming all sorts of improbable nonsense.

This reporter's source is also from County Durham.  The plot thickens.

Just now, ian1964 said:

daft question but why is a BBC reporter emailing you about it and not the club?

You'd be surprised how many people get wee websites like ours mixed up with official ones such as the club's and/or more formally constituted groups.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

These last 15 years, there is a blind Hibs/Sunderland supporter who regularly calls radio phone-ins. He has NEVER had a good experience at Ibrox. 

1 minute ago, 26th of foot said:

These last 15 years, there is a blind Hibs/Sunderland supporter who regularly calls radio phone-ins. He has NEVER had a good experience at Ibrox. 

Aye, had a chum at work just say the same.  Sounds like a Walter Mitty character.

Just now, Frankie said:

Aye, had a chum at work just say the same.  Sounds like a Walter Mitty character.

The lad does attend football.

I suspect he has been heavily influenced by Phil McFournames modus operandi, tell a big fib involving your child crying to illicit sympathy? After the 2016 Scottish Cup final, he was most anxious to tell all about his levels of exuberance. He is becoming a well utilised tool.