Pacific Quay Musings?

2 minutes ago, pete said:

What is the fine for not paying your TV licence?  

They send you a cassette of Claudia Winckleman discussing the latest fashion accessories and a framed picture of Chris McLaughlin's left armpit.

Scary but we're Rangers fans, we can stand up to this intimidation.

2 hours ago, Walterbear said:

She’s a steady career petson been there a while but nothing special and reasonably well liked and capable. She isn’t the problem as far as I understand and which started well before her and above her and has got out of control (I know for a fact).

I don’t know her or her husband but that is what I would assume from a knowledge of her birthplace (Presbyterian Harris). It is very unlikely she’s become a committed catholic, it’s customary for the husband’s denomination to take precedent when a couple marry in the islands. I think she is probably a decent woman and that the problem is people who were brought up in places like Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen where you lots of people are brought up hating Rangers. 

19 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

They send you a cassette of Claudia Winckleman discussing the latest fashion accessories and a framed picture of Chris McLaughlin's left armpit.

Scary but we're Rangers fans, we can stand up to this intimidation.

switch that around and I'm in.

think winklemans armpit would be most aesthetically pleasing.

20 hours ago, pete said:

What is the fine for not paying your TV licence?  Do they still drive about with detection vans?

The detection vans were a myth they pushed. Just normal vans with a dish on top.There is no way to detect the signal especially when it was analogue coming from your home. First person to invent such will be worth a mint

I was driving during the 1st half of yesterday's match and was delighted to discover a commentary was on Five Live. Lee McCulluch and Pat Nevin were assisting an Irish commentator who rather amusingly kept calling our defensive midfield lynchpin "Jack Ryan". I listened for 20 minutes an no one corrected him. It's no wonder we struggled in midfield yesterday, what with shadowing runs from Rogic and McGregor whilst saving America and Western civilisation from countless terrorist and domestic threats. 

Also noticed an interesting Tweet from Dan Walker, presenter of BBC's Fooball Focus. In reply to a question he explained the lack of a preview of Sunday's match or mention of our Europa League qualification in the following way "We will talk about it later but there is a long standing issue between Rangers and the BBC. Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon." 

I was interested by the last sentence. Whether that's a personal 'hope' or an insiders knowledge of goings on behind the scenes, I don't know. But Gerrard is still a big name 'down south' and interest in how he's doing 'up here' would normally have led to a few interviews and features on national BBC Sport by now. There will be some frustration over this in Manchester BBC Sport headquarters, whether enough to put pressure on Pacific Quay to resolve it or not only time will tell.