Pacific Quay Musings?

8 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

There will be boxes, and boxes, of shirts with "Winners 2008" emblazoned upon them, hidden somewhere within the lower bowel of the storeroom of Pacific Quay. 

PQ 2008-09

From wearing a Celtic Polo in Zeta, to cheering on Zenit in Manchester.

I wonder if they made any plans for the tour to Japan, they never seem to mention it.

Edited by buster.

Just listened to the Sportsound podcast from yesterday and for some reason Michael Stewart presented the programme instead of the usual Monday evening slot for Kenny Macintryre.

If this is a permanent switch for Stewart and as seemed evident yesterday, MS has a say on what is covered and how discussions develop, then you'd be as well renaming the programme to 'Michael Stewart Opines'. 

Secondly, would be that his very evident efforts to put accross an agenda tend to go against the interests of Rangers, often in a hostile Stalinesque tone. ...Although he didn't manage to get his usual reference to the 'Morelos kick' in an show mostly about International football (did include a few minutes on Gazza/HoF).

Thirdly, if you were looking to get your ducks in a row before going after Rangers, he'd probably be your man to host the most listened to evening football show. Lawwell has certainly been attempting to place his men on the boards of the governing bodies in recent times.

link to podcast for anyone interested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06nylnb

8 minutes ago, compo said:

Would rather listen to the wife moaning 

Knowing exactly what attitude they take to Rangers, you have to ask why any Rangers supporter is still tuning in to listen to the BBC, let alone distribute their podcasts. Does it take over 1000 posts to convince anyone that there's something intensely rotten in that bigoted organisation? I mean, really? 

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Knowing exactly what attitude they take to Rangers, you have to ask why any Rangers supporter is still tuning in to listen to the BBC, let alone distribute their podcasts. Does it take over 1000 posts to convince anyone that there's something intensely rotten in that bigoted organisation? I mean, really? 

The whole set up stinks of anti Rangers propaganda and bigotry 

I appreciate what 26th is doing in bringing their bias and bigotry to light, but for me the BBC has been, is, and will continue to be, an utter irrelevance.  Actually, this isn't quite true because I did watch the recent series called "The Bodyguard", which was excellent.  However, as far as sports writers are concerned, the only ones I'm interested in are on Gersnet.  I'm not kidding.  What can anyone possibly get of value anywhere else?  There are of course other really great blogs like FourLads, etc, but as far as mainstream media, there is nothing that offers any value or insight.

Do yourselves a favour.  Don't read about our team elsewhere and your stress levels instantly decrease.  If we ignored the irrelevance and the noise (to coin a phrase), would that be such a problem.  Maybe we should be holding them to account, but when it's so overrun with morons, why bother.  Let them die in a pool of their own hatred because that's where they're headed.

Watching Rangers on RTV was also a revelation for me.  Gone was the frustration I'd aim at clowns either stating the obvious or having a dig at every opportunity.  Now I watch the away games in comfort and enjoy it.  Try it, it works.

28 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I appreciate what 26th is doing in bringing their bias and bigotry to light, but for me the BBC has been, is, and will continue to be, an utter irrelevance.  Actually, this isn't quite true because I did watch the recent series called "The Bodyguard", which was excellent.  However, as far as sports writers are concerned, the only ones I'm interested in are on Gersnet.  I'm not kidding.  What can anyone possibly get of value anywhere else?  There are of course other really great blogs like FourLads, etc, but as far as mainstream media, there is nothing that offers any value or insight.

Do yourselves a favour.  Don't read about our team elsewhere and your stress levels instantly decrease.  If we ignored the irrelevance and the noise (to coin a phrase), would that be such a problem.  Maybe we should be holding them to account, but when it's so overrun with morons, why bother.  Let them die in a pool of their own hatred because that's where they're headed.

Watching Rangers on RTV was also a revelation for me.  Gone was the frustration I'd aim at clowns either stating the obvious or having a dig at every opportunity.  Now I watch the away games in comfort and enjoy it.  Try it, it works.

Bang on.? 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Individually fine but collectively that equates to hoisting a white flag and signing up for constant sunshine, even when it's pouring rain.

26th does an excellent job on this thread and there isn't an obligation to open it.

Nor for compo to tell us all every f**king week about it being better not to listen to PQ output :D

Edited by buster.