Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

I heard from a first class source that BBC are trying to sort this in time for the OF game on Saturday. Lot of pressure from London apparently. We’ll see but source is just about as good as it gets. 

Chick+Young+speakersscotland.com.jpg

5 hours ago, Walterbear said:

I heard from a first class source that BBC are trying to sort this in time for the OF game on Saturday. Lot of pressure from London apparently. We’ll see but source is just about as good as it gets. 

I hope Dave King does not comply with any overtures from PQ that does not entail a complete clean-out of reporters.
I remember at the time when the reporter had his press privileges withdrawn that Chick Young declared that if Rangers did not want one of them, then none of them would attend. Rangers' games. This showed a systemic bias then and it still remains today, which will not be cleared by anything less than a complete clearout.
Let London find out the real problem before we go through with a sham make up and be friends again until the next time.
Really, who needs whom the most?

3 minutes ago, barca72 said:

I hope Dave King does not comply with any overtures from PQ that does not entail a complete clean-out of reporters.
I remember at the time when the reporter had his press privileges withdrawn that Chick Young declared that if Rangers did not want one of them, then none of them would attend. Rangers' games. This showed a systemic bias then and it still remains today, which will not be cleared by anything less than a complete clearout.
Let London find out the real problem before we go through with a sham make up and be friends again until the next time.

The real problem was the editorial staff. McLaughlin was given 90 seconds to do a report and even he was unhappy with the output 

3 hours ago, Walterbear said:

The real problem was the editorial staff. McLaughlin was given 90 seconds to do a report and even he was unhappy with the output 

Oh, I don't doubt that the editorial staff were the root of the problem, but even if all of the editors have changed since then their, PQ's, culture has not.

6 hours ago, barca72 said:

That's not going to happen in the real world, nor should it. 

Yes, any negotiated deal should come at a 'price' for PQ but we aren't in such a strong position to expect all our wishes granted.

IMO we need to take any reasonable opportunity to normalise relations and build from there.

The club need to reduce the number of fronts we are fighting on.

The BBC's output can visibly be tracked and if certain reporters show a clear agenda or at least a certain level of incompetence (telling half-truths, half-facts et al that paint our club constantly in negativity), they don't get media accreditations at Ibrox et al. That is the least we can and shall do. If the BBC goes bananas about it, it is on them to adress the problems - which can be verified - with their journalists. If they won't do that, the BBC as such can be held accountable via Ofcom now. A route apparently rarely taken by any of the complainants. For complaints are no longer done in-house.