Pacific Quay Musings?

I would say that it offers partisan coverage, but that it is conspicuously unsuccessful even in this, failing to draw an audience, beyond the laughable,  from its targetted demographic.

Perhaps, then, the ungodly Godley should be drafted in. 

Can anybody guesstimate how much this news programme costs per viewer to produce and broadcast?

Tbh, I'd imagine most TV viewing figures must be pretty bad, although certainly not as dire as that. I don't really watch live TV at all, the Virgin remote rarely moves from it's perch, it's all on demand these days. Live TV must be going the way of print media, with the exception of maybe live sports and soaps.

48 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

2,300 Viewers!

Fellow Gersnetters, you may remember two and half years past, BBC Scotland launched it's new channel, 'BBCScotland' on the satellite listings? It was launched at considerable cost and has an annual budget of £32 million. We know Stuart Cosgrove is a heavy hitter in UK media circles because he never tires of telling us all so. He predicted a new, modern Scotland would embrace the new channel whole heartedly because there was a distinct need for Scots folk to be recipients of news specifically honed to their needs. Of course, DrStu' is in a prime position to dip his ladle into such a gravy train, remuneration for any documentaries requiring his Perth tones will be viscous.

Yesterday we were given two new pieces of information. Firstly, one of the two main Presenters of the flagship news show, the Nine', Rebecca Curran has begun maternity leave and an advert to fill the position is offering a salary between £48,000 and £82,000. Secondly, the latest viewing figures are horrendous. The flagship Nine has regularly attracted an average of 15,000 viewers, the last quarter is suggesting a further fall to between 10,000-12,000 viewers and, on occasion just 2,3000 viewers have tuned in.I wonder what the other main Presenter, the ever professional Martin Geissler thinks of this debacle? I suspect he thinks his co-Presenter has experienced tremendous fortune?

Now, as a BBC License Fee paying Rangers supporter; may I suggest a reason for this calamity? Earlier this week, with the Daily Record - Rangers supporter spat erupting(it's now made the pages of Private Eye), the Nine handed James Cook ten minutes to interview Prof' Tom Devine on sectarianism. Remember, James Cook and his then Producer both offered unreserved apologies to both the then club Manager, Ally McCoist and the Club itself for deliberately re-Editing an interview with McCoist. Cook posed a question on sectarianism to Ally, then cut the film to show McCoist laughing. The Club's top scorer complained at being portrayed as someone not taking the matter seriously and has not spoken to PQ since. 

Why was James Cook awarded such on air time, given his previous subjective behaviour on this particular matter? I believe Cook is a Dundee United supporter and voraciously ambitious. He was rewarded for his efforts eight years past by achieving the BBC Correspondent in America for three years. He was tempted back because of the high remuneration on offer and, finds the best way to retain his place on the gravy train, is to continue to sink the boot into Rangers.

At 2,300 viewers, James would be better off taking a megaphone to Tannadice.

The Tom Devine interview was a proper carve up. I hope the club and support don't just let it pass without redress.  

11 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

The Tom Devine interview was a proper carve up. I hope the club and support don't just let it pass without redress.  

Aye, apparently talking about sectarianism is a waste of time and we need a national enquiry into Rangers FC.

He came across as a demented loonball.  Perhaps his brother's past behaviour has impacted his mental health.

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, apparently talking about sectarianism is a waste of time and we need a national enquiry into Rangers FC.

He came across as a demented loonball.  Perhaps his brother's past behaviour has impacted his mental health.

It was a disgrace that James Cook allowed this shocking diatribe without correction.  Especially the part that no other club in Scotland has a problem with their fans that this is purely a Rangers problem.  I await Rangers FC's response.  The silence is deafening so the haters will keep beating the same old drum.

Edited by Blue Moon

17 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Especially the part that no other club in Scotland has a problem with their fans

There is so much evidence to counter that claim, it's beyond preposterous that anyone would make it.

Since 55, there's a definite sense that the narrative is being further skewed.  Referring to sectarianism has being ditched in favour of 'anti-Catholic', 'anti-Irish' and 'racism'.  

In any rational, objective society, we could laugh this nonsense off but elected officials, senior Police, the press (including PQ CSC) and now a widely respected Scottish historian are getting behind it. 

Rangers fans who want us to keep apologising will regret it soon enough.  As much as I'm amused that Janey Godley and several DR 'journalists' got sucked into the offence archeology situation - is that really the way we want our society to go?  

I've been advised failed footballer and failed politician, Michael Strawberry Blonde Stewart, is now in a Twitter confrontation with Jonatan Johansson's wife, who is a person of colour.

Surely even the yahoos at PQ will have to ditch this parasite now, given his white, heterosexual, patriarchal displays of privilege, patronising and undermining Kamara and Johansson (I won't hold my breath)...

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've been advised failed footballer and failed politician, Michael Strawberry Blonde Stewart, is now in a Twitter confrontation with Jonatan Johansson's wife, who is a person of colour.

Surely even the yahoos at PQ will have to ditch this parasite now, given his white, heterosexual, patriarchal displays of privilege, patronising and undermining Kamara and Johansson (I won't hold my breath)...