Jump to content

 

 

Pacific Quay Musings?


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

"which by the way simply racial" and "This illogical".

 

You can tell Stewart's riled, as his English is worse than usual.  

English is not his first language, surely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the mistake of listening to Cosgrove's podcast. Everything you'd expect. How great he is and how bad Rangers, unionism, the right, the famine song are. 

 

Stewart done his usual mental gymnastics to excuse Godley and the Daily Record bigots. Not so much the H&H lads. Cosgrove has choose his useful idiot wisely. 

 

Why would Stewart not discuss the racial angle in Godley's tweets? Seems an important omission. Only the online spats with "Rangers trolls" count apparently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Made the mistake of listening to Cosgrove's podcast. Everything you'd expect. How great he is and how bad Rangers, unionism, the right, the famine song are. 

 

Stewart done his usual mental gymnastics to excuse Godley and the Daily Record bigots. Not so much the H&H lads. Cosgrove has choose his useful idiot wisely. 

 

Why would Stewart not discuss the racial angle in Godley's tweets? Seems an important omission. Only the online spats with "Rangers trolls" count apparently. 

What else should we expect from that swivel eyed plank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick Roberts said:

Made the mistake of listening to Cosgrove's podcast. Everything you'd expect. How great he is and how bad Rangers, unionism, the right, the famine song are. 

 

Stewart done his usual mental gymnastics to excuse Godley and the Daily Record bigots. Not so much the H&H lads. Cosgrove has choose his useful idiot wisely. 

 

Why would Stewart not discuss the racial angle in Godley's tweets? Seems an important omission. Only the online spats with "Rangers trolls" count apparently. 

Reference Cosgrove's Podcast.

 

He appeared on BBC Radio Scotland for a dozen years on a Thursday afternoon, doing his take on how news was handled from a Scottish perspective. It was a 45 minute slot where he was joined with Prof' Eamonn O'Neill. The hosts of the show were John Beattie and Anne Marie Watson. Cosgrove and O'Neill's take was rarely accurate thus, rarely objective. Almost two years past, BBC Scotland cut the strings and Cosgrove hit out at Beattie, "he's getting all the jobs". Cosgrove took the media analysis to a Podcast, co-hosted by Eamonn O'Neill. BBC Scotland's Janice Forsyth Produces it and Angela Haggerty is a regular contributor.

 

I think what did for Cosgrove on the Beeb was his constant drone of misinformation and disinformation on the murder of Northern Irish Journalist, Lyra McKee. Regularly, he returned to it making ludicrous claims. I do not think Cosgrove(soon to enter his eighth decade) has ever been involved in a firefight? His final view on McKee's murder was, "they'll have to find a new classification, she was caught in crossfire". We know McKee was standing to the rear of the line of PSNI Officers confronting a group of rioting young Irish republicans. She was mostly in hard cover behind a Land Rover.

 

We know eight rounds were fired from a pistol(recovered by the Police). No other shots were fired, Lyra McKee died from a shot to her head.

 

The McKee case is live, only yesterday another four were arrested in connection. Any further comment could stray into sub judice.

 

Cosgrove and Stewart have been reading from scripts provided by Gerry Braiden for a long time. The former Herald Journo has been these last couple of years, the SNP's Policy Advisor/PRO to Glasgow City Council Convenor, Susan Aitken. Gerry is from west Belfast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Reference Cosgrove's Podcast.

 

He appeared on BBC Radio Scotland for a dozen years on a Thursday afternoon, doing his take on how news was handled from a Scottish perspective. It was a 45 minute slot where he was joined with Prof' Eamonn O'Neill. The hosts of the show were John Beattie and Anne Marie Watson. Cosgrove and O'Neill's take was rarely accurate thus, rarely objective. Almost two years past, BBC Scotland cut the strings and Cosgrove hit out at Beattie, "he's getting all the jobs". Cosgrove took the media analysis to a Podcast, co-hosted by Eamonn O'Neill. BBC Scotland's Janice Forsyth Produces it and Angela Haggerty is a regular contributor.

 

I think what did for Cosgrove on the Beeb was his constant drone of misinformation and disinformation on the murder of Northern Irish Journalist, Lyra McKee. Regularly, he returned to it making ludicrous claims. I do not think Cosgrove(soon to enter his eighth decade) has ever been involved in a firefight? His final view on McKee's murder was, "they'll have to find a new classification, she was caught in crossfire". We know McKee was standing to the rear of the line of PSNI Officers confronting a group of rioting young Irish republicans. She was mostly in hard cover behind a Land Rover.

 

We know eight rounds were fired from a pistol(recovered by the Police). No other shots were fired, Lyra McKee died from a shot to her head.

 

The McKee case is live, only yesterday another four were arrested in connection. Any further comment could stray into sub judice.

 

Cosgrove and Stewart have been reading from scripts provided by Gerry Braiden for a long time. The former Herald Journo has been these last couple of years, the SNP's Policy Advisor/PRO to Glasgow City Council Convenor, Susan Aitken. Gerry is from west Belfast. 

Just once, i'd like to see someone have him justify his hatred and marginalisation of all things 'unionist' and how it squares with his equality and parity persona.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick Roberts said:

Just once, i'd like to see someone have him justify his hatred and marginalisation of all things 'unionist' and how it squares with his equality and parity persona.

I think he's incapable of ever admitting he might be wrong about something.

 

He's quite childlike and unphilosophical, in that regard.  Takes a man to admit he's wrong.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

There's Always Another Sellik Supporter?

 

I believe we have 42 senior clubs in Scotland. The petty and ill-informed show broadcast by BBC Radio Scotland twice weekly attempts to relate the full Scottish football experience. Off the Ball championed, 'Sell Out Saturday' because both Hosts, Tam and Stuart are supporters of self-confessed "Diddy Clubs" and they trapped at Fir Park for the visit of the Perth Saints on that day. They joined the attendance of five and a half thousand to join the chorus of, Scottish football does not need Rangers.

 

It's a continuing chant taken up by the majority of the PQ Gang Hut. The Producer of Off the Ball guarantees a hearing for every voice in Scottish football, his/her efforts these last few weeks epitomise that fact. Guests on the show have been Hugh MacDonald, Jackie McNamara, Mathew Joseph Campbell, Susie McCabe, Paul Lyons and, Chris McQueer. All Sellik supporters, through and through. The other 41 clubs, including the Diddy Clubs are just not represented. There's always another Sellik supporter.

 

These last five and a bit years, Rangers supporters pay their License Fees and we get compartmentalised. The last week has seen three games at Ibrox, Motherwell, Lyon and, Livingston. A couple of former/current players with Rangers connections are placed in a separate studio to watch Rangers TV or a steam. Big Dick the patronises them with a few dull questions and this is called, 'a Service'. This started five years past with Craig Patterson sitting on the naughty step, where is Craig now?

 

Derek Ferguson, Billy Dodds, Chick Young, .................. ............................... Steven Thompson, Richard Foster and now, Rory Loy. Seriously, they all avoid the gig as soon as they are able to do so. Don't worry about, when the Rangers connections well runs dry, there's always another Sellik supporter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.