Pacific Quay Musings?

I know a couple of lads from Harthill and they assure me any RCs are either leaving or in hiding.

?

As for the BBC.  I honestly think Rangers fans need to get together and make a collective effort to sort them out.  Withholding license fees until we're treated fairly seems reasonable.

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

BBCPQ seems to employ a very significant number of high profile persons from Irish/catholic/nationalist/ republican backgrounds.

This for a supposedly  U.K. broadcaster seems quite a strange state of affairs does it not?

I don’t know about that but despite marrying a catholic Donalda MacKinnon’s background certainly doesn’t fit that profile. 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Do they Rab? I'm not sure that's true actually. Most nationalists I know are convinced Pacific Quay is filled with MI5 agents spreading interference. 

BBC Scotland have a number of issues but I'm not convinced they've got an imbalance along those lines.

In my opinion they've issues around getting working class people into broadcasting and there's a disproportionate number of Gaelic speakers. 

BBC PQ is full of individuals pursuing agendas rather than being an impartial state broadcaster funded by the outdated licence fee as it’s meant to be.

Remove this licence fee & many of its problems will be solved. It would need to gets its revenue in the real commercial world as others do.

She’s a steady career petson been there a while but nothing special and reasonably well liked and capable. She isn’t the problem as far as I understand and which started well before her and above her and has got out of control (I know for a fact). A lot of the issues now are at the editing and production level but they started with a tacit approval of bias and support of bias at a much higher level and became ingrained in the organisation especially after the events of 2012.  It’s not just Tims who hate us. 

She will be a lot more worried about the inevitable crash of the under budgeted new TV channel than about Rangers.  

The culture is very anti-Rangers  amongst contract staff and independent producers as well as BBC employees. Replacing the people who resent the existence of Rangers will take a long time. By then BBC Sportsound in terms of football will be irrelevant but we are talking years imo. Rangers have the solution in their own hands with the advent of digital mobile technology. BBC are good at that as well but it is a game changer and we need folk in our club who can exploit it. In some respects exploiting this will be as important as improvements on the park and should complement and enhance the Gerrard revolution. 

But the question is “what problem are we trying to fix” and then think out the box about solutions. Withholding licence fees is a blunt tool unlikely to be successful and should they give in you just end up with an organisation (BBC) that is in any event becoming less relevant in terms of Scottish fitba.  The problem is they are biased but the answer lies in whether we need them at all and how do we replace their negativity with positivity.  How do we exploit RTV more for example We need bright people who are digitally very aware, a loyal and expandable customer base across the world and a bit of cash. We don’t  actually need  BBC Scotland who invest pennies in our game and quite frankly hate our club. 

Edited by Walterbear

I agree with that, WB.  

But if they are going to be so blatantly partisan, why should Rangers fans fund them.  I feel we would be fully justified in paying less or nothing, in all honesty.  Some of the articles on the main BBC site would make me feel even more jusified in doing so.

The BBC are a box ticking set of foppish charlatans.  And BBC Scotland are a bunch of yahoos.

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The BBC are a box ticking set of foppish charlatans.  And BBC Scotland are a bunch of yahoos

Agreed with that but my licence is paid by DD/standing order and if I stopped there would be somebody knocking at my door pretty sharpish,and I suppose there are many on here in the same basket.