Pacific Quay Musings?

Steven Thompson not wanting to watch anymore football than he covers whilst working made me think think of 98% of the BBC Scotland Pundit and Presenter Pack who want to wax lyrical with criticism and cynism on offcials/panels without actually knowing the rules.

Apparently, being an ex-footballer and knowing the game trumps the rulebook when it comes to decisions.

The one person (Darryl Broadfoot) who attempts to bring in to play the CURRENT rulebook gets shouted down and the relevant facts that he mentions get quickly forgotten in the consistent need to bring Alfredo Morelos and Allan McGregor into the conversation.

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Yesterday was more of the same for license fee paying Rangers supporters.

......... and still they continue to take our monies for little to no service. 

If anythng, PQ seems to have decided to dig their heels in and get somewhat militant.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

If anythng, PQ seems to have decided to dig their heels in and get somewhat militant.

The common perception is that the PQ boycott is a Sports Department thing. I think the Sports Editor is Jeff Webster, like his old man who had a column in the Herald for a dozen years, Jack Webster; is a Dandy Don. When he presents on the occasional Sunday, I find him most fair on all things Rangers. Richard Wilson is behind the scenes on minor sports, but is largely regarded to have withdrawn himself from the constant conflict with the usual Rangers hating crew. I think the same will happen with Darryl Broadfoot, his interventions on rule changes ran interference with those that want Rangers blamed for everything.

I think the various usual suspects broadcasting get away with it, because there is a coterie of Producers allowing/facilitating the current continuing behaviour. The Director General of Beeb Scotland will have to get a grip, because the new BBC Scotland 2 Channel, I believe to be largely a news/documentary set-up? The Editor of said new channel will be James Cook. Yep, that one who admitted deliberately altering an interview with McCoist, to make it look like Ally did not take sectarianism seriously. Both he and his Producer admitted and apologised after Rangers complained.

Of course, Cook(an Arab) was rewarded with a massive promotion, he became the BBC's North America correspondent. He is returning to the new role and his first appointment as an Anchor, is Martin Geisler(A Jambo). Cook, as Editor will have considerable freedom to enact another rite of passage.

The current behaviour is simply unprofessional, and they don't care. 

The longer we're successful the harder this will be for them. If Rangers and Hearts are still first and second in a couple of weeks time they'll look ridiculous covering rugby and darts while that match plays out at Ibrox. I suspect Hearts fans won't be too pleased at not getting a commentary to listen too either. 

Yesterday's coverage was a disgrace. Rangers and the BBC should both be trying to find a resolution to this. I don't need Richard Gordon's approval, I don't care what Tom English thinks of us, but I do deserve the same coverage as every other side. I have no other choice, no other broadcaster provides radio commentary. I think the SPFL is the next organisation that should be made to explain this, they control the contacts for broadcasting and currently the BBC aren't fulfilling one. 

No, they don't care and frankly, neither do I. Not a single jot. I enjoy this thread but if it didn't exist I would be utterly unaware of the PQ farce.

However, surely it's not beyond the wit of Rangers fans to devise something a little more influential than hidden commentaries of a few online forums. For example, without putting anyone in actual jeopardy, could you mobilise (say) 25,000 signatures on a petition, pledging support for the suspension of TV licence payments pending changes at PQ. Of course petitions don't ensure change but it would at least provide a basis for publicising the ongoing conduct of the BBC in Scotland. There are dozens of ways to publicise it too. I can't imagine many people connected with Rangers not wanting to sign.

Whether this or better ideas, the point, surely, is to poke the bastards in the eye rather than making a noise where they can't hear it or can deny having done so.