Scouts at livingston v St Mirren.

Agree with that Jim but he has been loaned many times and not given fair chance on return..We have recalled O'Halleron and Dodoo without them being given chance,although I rate neither so unfortunately I feel Hardie is out on a limb.

11 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Agree with that Jim but he has been loaned many times and not given fair chance on return..We have recalled O'Halleron and Dodoo without them being given chance,although I rate neither so unfortunately I feel Hardie is out on a limb.

These guys have been given a chance but I just don't think they've done enough to take a place from someone else currently in the team.  Who would MOH, Dodoo or Hardie replace?  Equally, for the sake of our younger players we need to change the mind set here.  Being under 21 is no excuse for not being good enough, or committed enough.  Morelos, Windass, McCrorie, Etc are all guys who made the step up so our youths need to start measuring themselves against these guys.  Very often the difference between someone who makes it and someone who doesn't is just attitude.  Murty has shown a willingness to give players a chance.  The bottom line is that they've shown nothing to merit a first team place.  All three are decent players and will no doubt have a career in football, but they are unlikely to have a career with us.  I can't quite put my finger on the issue with Hardie.  He has many of the required attributes but doesn't seem to put it together enough for me.  Maybe it will click at some point, but it'll have to happen soon to have any prospect of a new deal.