Jamie Carragher Suspended By Sky

They sacked Andy Gray for unacceptable language and I would say what Carragher has done is at least on a par and maybe even worse. Disgusting behaviour in response to nothing but a non offensive remark.

Contrast that with the behaviour of Russell Martin when faced with aggressive foul mouthed abuse.

I think it's a wee bit harsh on Carragher.  He was very stupid to react that way but his team lost to their most hated rivals and he's deliberately taunted and filmed whilst driving home.

He should've told the driver to F off - spitting was beyond idiotic.  But people should be entitled to some privacy on their way home from work.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think it's a wee bit harsh on Carragher.  He was very stupid to react that way but his team lost to their most hated rivals and he's deliberately taunted and filmed whilst driving home.

He should've told the driver to F off - spitting was beyond idiotic.  But people should be entitled to some privacy on their way home from work.

Harsh? I'm surprised he's been let off as easy as he has so far.

How many of us have been stuck in traffic and been taunted by Celtic fans? There's no way I'd react like that.

He didn't need to wind down his window or even acknowledge the guy, who didn't swear and wasn't acting in an aggressive manner. It was more of a friendly wind-up. Carragher's reaction was totally over the top.

I think the guy had wound him up several times -- Carragher stated he had drove away a couple of times, only for the guy to follow and continue, with a phone camera. The Child is the innocent party; the father is not -- it's actually disgraceful behaviour from him. 

The guy is an idiot, but there is no need whatsoever for Carragher's reaction.

I'd be surprised if he keeps his job. 

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

How do you know what was said?  Carragher said he wound him up four times and only one was caught in the footage made public.  

Carragher said he'd been wound up 4 times but it came across to me as if it was by 4 different guys, and he lost that plot after the 4th time.

What the guy on the video said would back that up. There was no suggestion in his wording that he had already spoken to him.

Carragher reminds us all that you can put a suit on a chimpanzee and teach it to smoke cigarettes and drink tea ... but it's still a chimpanzee and will still piss on the floor and break your arm. 

Sky, BBC, etc assume the quality of their sports programmes is dependent on big name players from the top clubs to "brand" their product. Some ex-players do have the insight and communication skills to inform the viewer, most do not and simply provide over-valued verbal tat. Sky didn't choose Carragher for his  eloquence, knowledge of the game or his charm, they chose him for his demographic accent in their never-ending obsession with "inclusivity". 

Edited by Bill