2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

i disagree; and I wrote it. 

So as long as you wrote it and disagree then nobody can take offence ?  Is that right ?

In which case, all that Gonzo has to do is say that he disagrees that his OP should take offence and everyone's moral compass is back in check, correct ?

That depends on the colours, r_s.  

Thoughts and prayers to everyone hurt or offended by my morally reprehensible attempt at humour.  I apologise unreservedly and will check my moral compass in future*.  

*Aye right.  

17 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Three pages of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

When is someone going to debate the elephant in the room?!

Is this Kappa strip better or worse than a Hummel strip?

Probably. Maybe. 

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

no it isn't.........................

Victims get all the say about what is and isn't allowed.  So, unless you've been stabbed in London, your opinion is as worthwhile as mine.

8 minutes ago, colinstein said:

doesn't make your opinion more worthwhile than mine because you've been stabbed. Is the stabbers opinion more worthwhile than the stabee and why are their opinions more worthwhile than mine ?

But, interestingly, rather than suggesting that your opinion is as worthwhile as Gonzo's you do so by suggesting that his opinion isn't worthwhile because it doesn't agree with yours.

That's the whole point.  Whether or not it is offensive is subjective - and the justification used for it not being offensive was spurious at best.

I'm out of this now though because it is rapidly becoming tedious.