Alistair Johnston Statement Discussion: Murty to remain in place

5 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I've spoken to a number of Bears that are convinced that King is going to sell up imminently. I was skeptical before but now I'm not so sure.

The line about support and not so much support during his tenure, does that pertain to in the boardroom or in the stands?

Christ, if Murty has lost the dressing room and Robertson has 'laid down the law' to the dressing room and the players feel a sense of duty and solidarity with their maligned teammates, Halliday included, God help us at Parkhead.

I’ll take five shit results between now and the end of the season if it means new and effective ownership coming on board.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

I’ll take five shit results between now and the end of the season if it means new and effective ownership coming on board.

I'm not that fussed about new ownership - but effective would be a step in the right direction :thup:

Just now, craig said:

I'm not that fussed about new ownership - but effective would be a step in the right direction :thup:

I’m not convince you’ll ever get one without the other ?

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Mate, surely your body temp is above 37.2C if that sentiment includes the trip to the K'dale Karsi? :(

I really fear a record score.

20 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I've spoken to a number of Bears that are convinced that King is going to sell up imminently. I was skeptical before but now I'm not so sure.

The line about support and not so much support during his tenure, does that pertain to in the boardroom or in the stands?

Christ, if Murty has lost the dressing room and Robertson has 'laid down the law' to the dressing room and the players feel a sense of duty and solidarity with their maligned teammates, Halliday included, God help us at Parkhead.

Doesn't specify but I think he just means there have been ups and downs and the board intend to do as they first stated.

Just now, Soulsonic5791 said:

Maybe Alistair attended the same School of Nebulous Semantics as his Chairman.

Generally AJ has been fairly precise with his language unless legalities have prevented him.

I'd say that the quotes in that article come accross as an uncharacteristically desperate attempt at an informal holding statement.

16 minutes ago, les186 said:

Seems to me wishful thinking that new owners will come in, appoint a competent manager and give him sufficient funds to achieve success. FFS we've got Pena returning to look forward to. 

Point. 

Re Peña, the boy's got a problem. Why oh why did they let Pedro sign him?

4 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Point. 

Re Peña, the boy's got a problem. Why oh why did they let Pedro sign him?

"institutional failure"

Alastair Johnston October 2017

Edited by buster.