What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?

2 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

You do have very eclectic tastes :) 

What is your fav genre Cammy and do you still attend gigs/festivals........pandemic allowing!!

Punk / Ska is my fave but appreciate the 1980s ? especially the likes of The Cult, Spear Of Destiny (Theatre of Hate), Talking Heads etc but also 80s electronic / pop music. I can listen to anything really! 

Yeah still do gigs as much as possible. 2020 saw me miss SLF, Bad Religion, The Stranglers and Goodbye Mr MacKenzie. 

2021 I have the above rescheduled gigs as well as Skids booked. 

Listened to a lot of dance music during lockdown especially The Streetrave events and this has rekindled my liking for dance music, but a little too old to get my raving gear dusted down!  

Do you have a fave genre? Still don the gigs circuit? 

Edited by CammyF

On 03/01/2021 at 17:06, CammyF said:

Punk / Ska is my fave but appreciate the 1980s ? especially the likes of The Cult, Spear Of Destiny (Theatre of Hate), Talking Heads etc but also 80s electronic / pop music. I can listen to anything really! 

Yeah still do gigs as much as possible. 2020 saw me miss SLF, Bad Religion, The Stranglers and Goodbye Mr MacKenzie. 

2021 I have the above rescheduled gigs as well as Skids booked. 

Listened to a lot of dance music during lockdown especially The Streetrave events and this has rekindled my liking for dance music, but a little too old to get my raving gear dusted down!  

Do you have a fave genre? Still don the gigs circuit? 

Yes I still do gigs /festivals - mainly Download now (used to be Monsters of Rock), but have attended the Punk rebellion weekenders in Blackpool.

I missed the first punk era, but was heavily into the new wave in late seventies/early eighties, ANL, Exploited, Discharge, Blitz, P&TTB, and also the better Oi bands like Last resort and the Business but also went back and enjoyed all the early bands and have seen them all many times like the Damned, Buzzcocks, Skids and even the Pistols reunions.

Motorhead were the cross over band that got me into heavy rock/metal and i prefer the heavier side such as Sabbath (Classic & Dio) Saxon, Judas Priest, ACDC, Venom and many of the newer bands like Orange Goblin, Ghost, Rob Zombie and Airbourne. 

In complete contrast to the metal I also like, listen and see if still performing Indie bands such as Joy Division, early New Order, Morrissey, Feeder, Therapy, early Cure, The Wedding Present, recent Depeche Mode and even Frank Carter so i should probably say i'm fairly eclectic as well :) 

On 06/01/2021 at 17:22, Gonzo79 said:

Joe Henderson...

Funnily enough, I have been listening to Joe Henderson, lately.

I bought a Blue Note Box of "Five Original Albums", remastered and repackaged, but with no add ons, out takes, or odds and sods ( probably no worse for that, i m o), and all for less than £12.  Value, since it has 3 albums from the 60s, and from the 80s, The State of the Tenor, vos 1 & 2. 

There are a few of these out, and all for around the same price:

Wayne Shorter 

Dexter Gordon

Herbie Hancock

Art Blakey

and a few more. 

I've just ordered Dexter Gordon, but they are all worth checking out, esp for that money.