Jump to content

 

 

What's Happened to the Jukebox Thread?


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

some dancing that i suspect comes very naturally to a few on here

The first time I saw them I thought it was some kind of spoof.  Actually, I still do.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Great tune, and some dancing that i suspect comes very naturally to a few on here 😆.

 

This is the first time I've seen the band, there's a fair bit going on. It happens, you see a band laying down a solid beat and the vocalist is moving to a different groove. I am intrigued.

 

Several years past, a band emerged from Alabama, Saint Paul and the Broken Bones. The music was retro, heavily Stax influenced southern soul. Sam and Dave, Isaac Hayes, Wilson Picket, ....... etc. All eight members are white, the vocalist Paul Janeway has a superb voice, the band are squeaky tight; but Janeway's moves sometimes distract from a wonderful sound. It's the inner metronome, he hears something different.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

This is the first time I've seen the band, there's a fair bit going on. It happens, you see a band laying down a solid beat and the vocalist is moving to a different groove. I am intrigued.

 

Several years past, a band emerged from Alabama, Saint Paul and the Broken Bones. The music was retro, heavily Stax influenced southern soul. Sam and Dave, Isaac Hayes, Wilson Picket, ....... etc. All eight members are white, the vocalist Paul Janeway has a superb voice, the band are squeaky tight; but Janeway's moves sometimes distract from a wonderful sound. It's the inner metronome, he hears something different.

 

 

Wow!  this is quite staggering,as the vid as was going to post instead of this was St Paul and the Broken Bones- Grass is greener .

 

He does indeed have a superb voice. Stumbled across them at Glastonbury around 3-4 years ago,and it was one hell of a show,he really puts all into it,and yes, a really tight band too.

 

You have powers 26th .

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Wow!  this is quite staggering,as the vid as was going to post instead of this was St Paul and the Broken Bones- Grass is greener .

 

He does indeed have a superb voice. Stumbled across them at Glastonbury around 3-4 years ago,and it was one hell of a show,he really puts all into it,and yes, a really tight band too.

 

You have powers 26th .

I have seen them twice, both occasions at Sauchiehall Street's ABC. The second time was three years past this month. Both concerts were sell outs and I thought they were on the cusp of breaking big? They appear to have travelled towards early-mid seventies philly soul. Better left to the Delfonics.

 

The second concert is definitely up there with my personal favourites ie the Stones at Greens Playhouse in 1972, the Average White Band at Strathclyde Uni' Union in 1974, and Al Green with the Staples in New York 1975.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.