The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

13 minutes ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Exactly what I was going to say - the sticking point wasn't the transfer fee; it was the wages. If Morelos does go,  better using the cash to buy a couple of decent, younger players, than bowing to Skrtel's wage demands.

If Morelos was to go, it would leave a gaping hole up front that would need finance to fill (eg. a transfer fee for Alfredo). 

We are certainly building from the back,...... 

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Joe Dodoo off on load to Blackpool, I'm hearing.  I thought he looked a decent footballer but maybe lacking the mentality required (to play for us).

Is there any other info on this loan deal - is there an option for Blackpool to buy him at the end? It seems strange for us to hang on to the guy and continually fire him out on loan, if we've got no intention of keeping him.

1 minute ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Is there any other info on this loan deal - is there an option for Blackpool to buy him at the end? It seems strange for us to hang on to the guy and continually fire him out on loan, if we've got no intention of keeping him.

Maybe because the other team will give us a small fee and pay either part or 100% of his wages while on loan.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Morelos’ future is uncertain following Gerrard’s arrival in Glasgow

Some claim by the Scottish arm of the English rag,well I suppose most of the squad will be available to sell/swap as Gerrard has yet to do his assessing.

Andy Halliday & Jason Holt met with manager Steven Gerrard this morning as he continues to shape his squad for new season Both players were told teams have enquired about their availability & are free to leave the club Lee Wallace will meet the manager on Friday

2 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Andy Halliday & Jason Holt met with manager Steven Gerrard this morning as he continues to shape his squad for new season Both players were told teams have enquired about their availability & are free to leave the club Lee Wallace will meet the manager on Friday

Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that one....;)