Gers Fans Renew In Their Thousands

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

It was a proud day today.Renewing the ST’s for myself & my son at the ticket office. I always feel a sense of pride in doing our bit for our beloved Rangers.

I first started going to Ibrox in the mid-70’s when my grandfather started taking me to Rangers games. 

Today I’m sure he watched us from above with pride as myself and my son(his great grandson) followed in his footsteps supporting our great club.

Excellent post mate :thup:

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

It was a proud day today.Renewing the ST’s for myself & my son at the ticket office. I always feel a sense of pride in doing our bit for our beloved Rangers.

I first started going to Ibrox in the mid-70’s when my grandfather started taking me to Rangers games. 

Today I’m sure he watched us from above with pride as myself and my son(his great grandson) followed in his footsteps supporting our great club.

All the best mate i envy you. As I said in the Podcast last week we all make decisions in life and mine took me far away from Ibrox. Being on this forum, doing the podcast, having occasional trips to Ibrox and days like Luxembourg and today make me feel like a small part of the family. 

I expected, mabey wrongly, that the ST's would sell out this year. Potentially a lot of people had made their minds up already, before SG came along and couldn't change back for financial reasons. I doubt if I was in Glasgow that I'd actually still be able to get one, so RTV is the answer for me to support. And I hope to get to a couple each season if I'm in the UK at the right time of year. I actually really enjoyed Old Firm games in the pub or round at a mates house when I was in Scotland, so I don't even get the urge at those times despite being a ST holder for 20 years since the arrival of Souness. 

Edited by Barebear

Just renewed online today. I purposefully didnt renew until a new manager was announced, and even though I am deeply disappointed at hiring another massive gamble when an experienced manager was what we require, I will be back again, home away and abroad follow following in hope more than expectation.

I still am completely bamboozled and astonished that we managed to shift so many season tickets last summer when we all knew the Pedro old pals act appointment was doomed to failure. How that happened will remain a mystery forever more!

The fans, especially the younger ones, seem to be buying into the big name (as a player) appointment, and along with the numbers released so far, things are looking really positive as far as the fans stepping up, yet again, and stumping up a massive amount of cash in advance, are concerned.

For me, I really just want a victory tomorrow and a draw at the piggery, then we can put this most horrible of seasons behind us for good with at the very least the comfort of knowing we got over the line in second despite having no proper manager all season, only finishing 11 points behind Brenda's immortals (just dont ask them about Europe!), so from that point of view surely the only way is up for next season.

Haven't renewed this year. Bit fed up tbh. Have been going for over 15 -20 years minus the odd year had to work, but over the last two seasons I have barely used the ticket and give it to a family member/friend every other week and instead watch on RTV. Time to let someone else have the pleasure. Been some amazing times and even with the last 6/7 years still more good memories than bad. European trips and away days always being memorable, but mostly it was all down to the company and time spent with mates every weekend.

I'm sure I'll be back at some point sooner rather than later and will regret the decision at times but time for those who are desperate to go to take the reigns.

Edited by trublusince1982

10 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:
  • That sense of pride at being part of something bigger than us all:crest

That is a great sentence. is that from one of your Psychologists. :D