Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The thing is people will just use an orange strip as another stick to beat Rangers with in my eyes. Let's box clever for goodness sakes. I still recall the Charlie Green fans meeting from a years back with utter disbelief. After our club had been demoted, dragged, beaten and set upon by everybody, one of the first questions by a fan in the first steps of our recovery was "Are you getting an orange strip?" Seriously?

Generally, if we pander to their every whim we'll just continue on a slippery slope.

I'd ridicule those who want to use it as a stick to beat Rangers with.

It's a colour and IF it happens to be incorporated into a strip design then so be it.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Generally, if we pander to their every whim we'll just continue on a slippery slope.

I'd ridicule those who want to use it as a stick to beat rangers with.

It's a colour and IF it happens to be incorporated into a strip design then so be it.

I don't think it's pandering. I think it is basic common sense.

We've had lots of different colours of away strips.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers-change-kits.html

I don't see the problem in an orange/tangerine strip. It's a nice colour and it looks good. The oranje cup final looked superb.

We've had orange buses and orange subway trains in Glasgow. So what? Likewise I've worn green ties and orange ties.

If we want to move away from religion then we need to stop associating colours with religion.  It's just a colour.

29 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

An orange strip just stinks of, "lets' do this" just to noise them up? Bill Struth would have been proud

I'd prefer Rangers to stick with red, white and blue but money talks.  And we're not exactly rolling in it.

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

We've had lots of different colours of away strips.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers-change-kits.html

I don't see the problem in an orange/tangerine strip. It's a nice colour and it looks good. The oranje cup final looked superb.

We've had orange buses and orange subway trains in Glasgow. So what? Likewise I've worn green ties and orange ties.

If we want to move away from religion then we need to stop associating colours with religion.  It's just a colour.

For the record I have never worn a green tie. 

The oranje cup final was superb. I'd no intention of wearing an oranje top to it, dressing up for cup finals wasn't really me, all felt a bit too tartan army for my tastes. I was driving down Dumbarton Road to pick up my mate listening to Cosgrove and Cowans on the tranny. Cosgrove was spitting feathers about the oranje thing, inferring anyone who took part was clearly a bigot and it shouldn't be allowed. I promptly stopped at a wee Partick clothes shop and bought an orange t-shirt. A few pints later I'd bought an orange wig too. It was a great day and the stadium looked immense. 

A great after party in The Nile that night too. 

It was a great day.  The sea of orange heading towards Hampden was unforgettable...and the evening went well too, especially when my burd stuck on my Netherlands shirt.  ?

Two well known posters on FF. Are claiming we will have an orange top next year.

I have to say I am not a fan of the idea as it gives our enemies ammunition and alienates a lot of our supporters with the obvious cultural connections.

Bewildered would be the best term to use.