Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

Does it ?

I don't get the big deal either way, all kinds of designs and colours have been used for away strips.

Something bright and luminous would be a change and I think commercially successful.

Bottomline is if you don't like it, you don't need to buy it.

I don't get the alienation angle. 

It would be commercially successful but the reasons behind that are what alienates a fair section of our support.

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hi Bill. Do you care to expand beyond the gif?

No need. I have a resident stalker who’ll be along any minute to do it for me ?

Edited by Bill

Just now, Bill said:

No need. I have a stalker who’ll be along any minute to do it for me ?

Would that be your version of an alternative stalker who is having a conversation with someone and then you jump on the thread but cry "stalker" ..........#confused

If Diane Abbott did that you'd start a thread on it :D

--------------

Blacksox

It would be commercially successful but the reasons behind that are what alienates a fair section of our support.

Everyone to their own, I don't get the big deal, it's a colour.

If it was designed with a purple sash on top of an orange background then I might see something in your point.

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I'm not a fan of the Orange connections/connotations....but it does make for a great looking strip regardless.

I just wish we would look forward instead of backwards for a change. We have amazing traditional colours (blue, white, red & black) but lets' move them in terms of the actual designs. I Googled "Rangers 2018/19 strip" and almost every mocked up strip was a rehash of our old strips (Adidas, Nike). It's bad enough that we've had that awful Puma copy of the mid 80's Umbro number over the last few years.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I just wish we would look forward instead of backwards for a change. We have amazing traditional colours (blue, white, red & black) but lets' move them in terms of the actual designs. I Googled "Rangers 2018/19 strip" and almost every mocked up strip was a rehash of our old strips (Adidas, Nike). It's bad enough that we've had that awful Puma copy of the mid 80's Umbro number over the last few years.

I don't really think there's much you can do with the "light blue shirt/white shorts" combo before you start p*ssing off a large chunk of the support by chanaging it too much. I can't imagine us in blue n white stripes, or blue body/white arms.

It could be worse - we could be stuck thinking of different ways to make green and white hoops look slightly different every other year, so as to continue fleecing our support.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

Would that be your version of an alternative stalker who is having a conversation with someone and then you jump on the thread but cry "stalker" ..........#confused

If Diane Abbott did that you'd start a thread on it :D

--------------

Everyone to their own, I don't get the big deal, it's a colour.

If it was designed with a purple sash on top of an orange background then I might see something in your point.

The thing is people will just use an orange strip as another stick to beat Rangers with in my eyes. Let's box clever for goodness sakes. I still recall the Charlie Green fans meeting from a years back with utter disbelief. After our club had been demoted, dragged, beaten and set upon by everybody, one of the first questions by a fan in the first steps of our recovery was "Are you getting an orange strip?" Seriously?

Just now, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

I don't really think there's much you can do with the "light blue shirt/white shorts" combo before you start p*ssing off a large chunk of the support by chanaging it too much. I can't imagine us in blue n white stripes, or blue body/white arms.

It could be worse - we could be stuck thinking of different ways to make green and white hoops look slightly different every other year, so as to continue fleecing our support.

Fair enough. Saying that, I think we are getting out of the Puma deal at the right time. Have you seen Arsenal's new strip? What were they thinking? That's horrible

skysports-pierre-emerick-aubameyang_4317370.jpg