I think now is the ideal time for these kind of actions from the club/board....

There is A LOT of positive stuff about us in the media at the moment - our PR stock is riding pretty high due to SG starting.  Media outlets outwith Scotland are watching very closely what happens at Ibrox....so to start releasing statements like DK's recent ones, brings the whole situation to the attention of a much wider audience & therefore more focus on the SFA/SPFL etc.  The main focal points of these statements also know of the increased media focus & it then becomes more difficult to hide away from the story.

Very good timing IMHO.....

Edited by Darthter

Great article and a lot of points and very well written. This is the first time in ages I feel rangers are really up for a fight, I get the feeling most other fans think that as well and you can sense Celtic fans being a bit uncomfortable about it.

Hit the nail on the head with the compliance officer as well, it has long been a gripe of mine, particularly the season just past, he let a certain lego muncher off with a few bad ones at the start of the season, inevitably there were similar tackles from other players of other teams, but he then can't punish him because Brown has free reign, so has basically backed himself in to a corner and his position has become obsolete.

I agree about the merchandise, when it is released I am going to be a full kit wanker, going to buy all three kits and a couple of mini kits for my wee ones. the club needs as much money as it can get and I think the new release might be the biggest we will have, some of that might be down to Gerrard as well.

On to the media, I think Gerrard is an astute appointment on that front as well, Gerrard is one of the darlings of English football, can you imagine how much coverage the game is going to get up here if the BBC Scotland sports writers start writing negative stories about Gerrard, English and McLaughlin will get there baws wrapped and handed to them. As you say this is a chance to educate people, and with Gerrard at the helm and the coverage he will receive, there is no better time.

#Lets Go

A good article until the end with a bad line, as follows

We are the majority and we can be the Establishment again.

the rights and wrongs can be argued and debated over all kinds of issues.  From the atricle you are giving the impression that CFC are running the show (right or wrong) but to finish with that comment indicates that you wish CFC to replaced by RFC.

For me I just want the SPL and SFA to be run by ALL clubs and ALL clubs to abide by the rules. Fully transparent.

7 minutes ago, Proddytim said:

A good article until the end with a bad line, as follows

We are the majority and we can be the Establishment again.

the rights and wrongs can be argued and debated over all kinds of issues.  From the atricle you are giving the impression that CFC are running the show (right or wrong) but to finish with that comment indicates that you wish CFC to replaced by RFC.

For me I just want the SPL and SFA to be run by ALL clubs and ALL clubs to abide by the rules. Fully transparent.

Welcome to the site.

I think that's fair comment but there does have to be an element of off-field control (or at the very least a proper level of representation) to help deliver on-field success.  Rightly or wrongly, the Old Firm are dominant when it comes to football in the country and, as such, they'll always be the dominant personalities in any football authority. Ideally, we'd want that to be balanced equally but I that's perhaps naive rather than achievable.

The thing I find odd about the last week is the silence from all the other clubs, its deafening, are they happy to continue with the status quo, are they to scared to speak up, who knows, I thought there might have been more calls for a review if after the info that has came out. If it was the other way about I'm sure everyone would be all over it.

25 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

The thing I find odd about the last week is the silence from all the other clubs, its deafening, are they happy to continue with the status quo, are they to scared to speak up, who knows, I thought there might have been more calls for a review if after the info that has came out. If it was the other way about I'm sure everyone would be all over it.

I think the main thing is that the other clubs are not the main focus of the SFA/SPFL.....we have been hit with various investigations & charges.  A number of recent issues raised should bring those things back into focus & highlight that their may indeed be an organised or concerted effort by those in charge to damage our club.

Funny how the term "Sporting integrity" has slipped from many folks vocabularies.....